Beer 30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beer 30...

True, "Premo" is no longer a bargain beer.

The very best bargain beer, IMO of course, is Busch Light. Not even close. High Life Light is 2nd.

Have a few Keystone Lights and you'll sh*t through a screen door the nest day.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      All this talk of bad beer reminds me of the Lucky Lady. Remember how piss poor that beer tasted.
      And yet, somehow, it just didn't matter. Ninety-nine cent pitchers 'til 8 and Nickel Night. I spent more at Country Kitchen on the way home.

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      My last year of school we used to hit up the bls for cases of returnable bottles of Natural light and Busch for 4.99 a case.
      We opted for Old Mil Light. The empties in those sturdy cardboard boxes made great end tables. At the end of the year, you just loaded them up, hauled them back to BLS, took the cash and headed downtown. Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Spending the deposit money on more beer?

Isn't that like reinvesting your dividends in the stock market?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          Spending the deposit money on more beer?

Isn't that like reinvesting your dividends in the stock market?
          It's what makes the economy go 'round.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

Buckhorn and tomato juice - combined as red beer - were THE two basic food groups for an entire generation of SDSU students back when. A red-beer-loving roomie couldn't afford tomato juice one week, but he did have a pile of ketchup packets from some burger joint... Yes, he did...

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              And yet, somehow, it just didn't matter. Ninety-nine cent pitchers 'til 8 and Nickel Night. I spent more at Country Kitchen on the way home.

We opted for Old Mil Light. The empties in those sturdy cardboard boxes made great end tables. At the end of the year, you just loaded them up, hauled them back to BLS, took the cash and headed downtown. Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
              MMMM....beer. MMMMM......Lucky Lady. As a freshman at Augie (hate to admit it - it's where the dream began!) I spent as many, if not more Nickel Nights at the Lucky Lady than most State undergrads. If the Fry'n Pan were still open - my face would adorn a wall with my picture as "Most wanted" - for dining and dashing (Not my proudest moment(s))

But, somewhere on the Augustana campus, there must be a couple of the 7 oz (they weren't more than 8 oz. if my foggy memory holds) plastic "mugs" - waiting for a future archaeologist to unearth my lost treasure.

Great memories - So sad I don't remember them all! (probably a good things, though!)

Comment

I just discovered yesterday that Shiner has made its way into South Dakota. I picked up a six of Shiner Bock. I am looking forward to a cold one after the final regular season high school football game tonight.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                  I just discovered yesterday that Shiner has made its way into South Dakota. I picked up a six of Shiner Bock. I am looking forward to a cold one after the final regular season high school football game tonight.
                  Shame on some of the posters on this board. While others are arguing about sports, West-River Jack is doing his duty and finding new sources of great beer right in our own backyard!

Where'd you find it? Think it's just West River right now? I'll check out the Watertown area (it's available in Minneapolis so perhaps a distributor has picked up the entire state of SD).

West River's announcement restores the integrity of this thread (the thought of putting ketchup in one's beer, ugh! -- thanks, NoVaJack, can't get that out of my head).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Shame on some of the posters on this board. While others are arguing about sports, West-River Jack is doing his duty and finding new sources of great beer right in our own backyard!

Where'd you find it? Think it's just West River right now? I'll check out the Watertown area (it's available in Minneapolis so perhaps a distributor has picked up the entire state of SD).

West River's announcement restores the integrity of this thread which had been totally destroyed by the thought of putting ketchup in one's beer -- thanks, NoVaJack, can't get that out of my head.
                    Shiner is now avaiable in SD. You can pick some up at the liquor store in Brookings. They told me it just arrived last week. It's a good beer.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Shiner is now avaiable in SD. You can pick some up at the liquor store in Brookings. They told me it just arrived last week. It's a good beer.
                      On draft at Ben's Brewing Company in Yankton. Not ashamed to admit I've consumed an average of 2 a day this week.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

JackMD -

Shiner is available at the Yankton Hy Vee. I just saw a big display over by the liquor area on Monday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                          JackMD -

Shiner is available at the Yankton Hy Vee. I just saw a big display over by the liquor area on Monday evening.
                          Excellent! I haven't made my weekly trip to buy all the Old Mil Light 12-pack bottles on the shelf yet so I didn't see the Shiner display.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If you're ever near Shiner, Texas, be sure to stop by the brewery. You don't even have to take the tour to sample the brews. Just head for the souvenir shop. Bar's inside.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              On draft at Ben's Brewing Company in Yankton. Not ashamed to admit I've consumed an average of 2 a day this week.
                              What JackMD isn't telling you:

He had 12 on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                                If you're ever near Shiner, Texas, be sure to stop by the brewery. You don't even have to take the tour to sample the brews. Just head for the souvenir shop. Bar's inside.
                                That is where my dad fell in love with Shiner. Its great stuff, he use to have to buy cases in Omaha and drive up here, good to know we can get it right here now.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X