Getting Airline Tickets Quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Airline Tickets Quickly

Looking for advice from those of you who do a lot of last minute flight booking. Once the brackets for the tourney are announced I may (not assuming anything) want to book a flight. Any websites that people here recommend over others?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Getting Airline Tickets Quickly

Try the following:

www.kayak.com

it lets you choose all of the search engines at once.....travelocity, expedia and etc. and puts them into a montage to compare

i dont work for kayak directly or indirectly
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
      Try the following:

www.kayak.com

it lets you choose all of the search engines at once.....travelocity, expedia and etc. and puts them into a montage to compare

i dont work for kayak directly or indirectly
      That looks very promising. Thanks.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Looking for advice from those of you who do a lot of last minute flight booking. Once the brackets for the tourney are announced I may (not assuming anything) want to book a flight. Any websites that people here recommend over others?

You travel enough, make sure you sign up for "miles" and such. The last I knew, you can go retroactive on your trip to Mexico and get miles for that.

Also, look at flights out of Omaha, which I think you already do.

Are you considered faculty at USD? Do they offer special rates for professors and such? I know students can get discounted rates, not sure about profs.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Southwest airline isn't available on most (if any) "discounter" website. Need to check

www.SWA.com

separately from the others. A prime reason to fly out of Omaha.

Comment

Southwest is going to start flying in & out of the Twin Cities, can't remember when. They will be in the Humphrey terminal

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              You travel enough, make sure you sign up for "miles" and such. The last I knew, you can go retroactive on your trip to Mexico and get miles for that.

Also, look at flights out of Omaha, which I think you already do.

Are you considered faculty at USD? Do they offer special rates for professors and such? I know students can get discounted rates, not sure about profs.
              I have miles with both Northwest and Continental and I am a professor at USD but none of those features offer me that great an advantage.

I think the Southwest option is probably the best but wanted others advice. Southwest allows you the convenience of changing reservations without penalty and will be my first choice. However, the more options the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I have miles with both Northwest and Continental and I am a professor at USD but none of those features offer me that great an advantage.

I think the Southwest option is probably the best but wanted others advice. Southwest allows you the convenience of changing reservations without penalty and will be my first choice. However, the more options the better.

sometimes http://www.studentuniverse.com has some great deals. Only for those who have a university email address.

Comment

Working...
                X