Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    Zombieland is hilarious. Much better than what I was expecting.
    Best was the cameo by Bill Murray.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Zombieland is hilarious. Much better than what I was expecting.
      It was better than I thought it was going to be too. Really funny movie and it's got some pretty sweet ways to kill zombies

Comment

Couples Retreat had many hardy laughs in it. Decently clean humor for the most part.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Checked out Paranormal Activity last night. Pretty spooky movie, similar to the Blair Witch Project in style but with more suspense and scares throughout the movie. For being so low budget, the acting wasn't too bad and the couple was fairly believable.
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Just got a chance to see I Love You Man last night. Really funny movie. Kind of a chic flick for guys.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
              Just got a chance to see I Love You Man last night. Really funny movie. Kind of a chic flick for guys.
              A bromance?

I liked that movie as well.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

A bromance?

I liked that movie as well.
                I liked it too.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Up = very good.
                  Someone got a DVD of "UP" for Christmas and we watched it last night. This one could make it as a classic. Though the animation, seems almost incrediablly good to me, the story is also very good. In fact the movie also says a few things about the times we live in.

Those who are in their late 80's and early 90's are living longer, but are still living in their dreams of adventure. I believe the creators of this movie would want us to believe that dreams of adventure keep us going in life.

The part of Karl Fredicksen seems to be our proof. Karl and his wife Ellie where children when Lindbergh made his historic flight from Eastern USA to Paris France. We also about this time had a famous avatorix Amila Earheart, both where heros to the public including children and their admirmation and dreams still lives in the minds our our elderly. They won the imaginations of children with only newspapers a few movies and radio. There was no television.

The childhood adventures of Ellie and Karl seem to reflect all these breakthoughs in aviation during the 1920's and the impact they had on kids and the opportunity for them to dream of adventure.

Also their was international experimentation with helium zephlins occuring about that time and we find that reflected when Mr Fredricksen and his little friend Russell land Mr Fredricksens house on Paradise Falls. Mr Fredricksen knows of a zephlin explorer that used is zephlin for housing a prehistoric museum and disappeared because the media found him to be a fraud about finding a prehistoric bird. I believe his name was Bent, and Mr Bent turns out to be the villian in the movie, but makes it all very exciting.

Also their is the little Wilderness Scout, Russell who approaches Mr. Fredricksen about working with the elderly to earn his merit badge, and this introduction takes place just before Mr. Fredicksen decides to fly his house to Paradise Falls, a imaginary place in South America. The house is propelled by small childrens balloons that he sold to make a living for many years. Grouchy old Mr Fredricksen cant stand the young scout who is typical in that he is a product of fatherless family. So they bond after many trials and tribulations. Too much to tell.

Its such a great movie, I think you need to get the DVD and enjoy.

I am curious to see how many Oscars this movie claims as it deserves a bunch. The story seems kind of child like, but really its about imagination that never dies until our last breath and I could be wrong on that one too.

Comment

True Grit, just saw it, thought it was pretty darn good. I don't mind Coen brother movies for the most part and Jeff Bridges was pretty solid IMO, plays a pretty anry Rooster Cogburn. Matt Damon was good and the girl was also good. The ending was a bit sad but i enjoyed it. If you like westerns check it out.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      True Grit, just saw it, thought it was pretty darn good. I don't mind Coen brother movies for the most part and Jeff Bridges was pretty solid IMO, plays a pretty anry Rooster Cogburn. Matt Damon was good and the girl was also good. The ending was a bit sad but i enjoyed it. If you like westerns check it out.
                      Agreed on all points. Good movie.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        Agreed on all points. Good movie.
                        I know I would like to see it again. I don't follow that stuff but If Bridges didn't get any oscar nominations, he should have IMO.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I know I would like to see it again. I don't follow that stuff but If Bridges didn't get any oscar nominations, he should have IMO.
                          He did, lost it to Firth for the King's Speech. From what I read it was between Eisenberg from the Social Network and Firth

Comment

Gotta disagree with you on Grit... Thought John Wayne version was head and shoulders above.

On a scale of 1-10, King's Speech was a 9, True Grit was about a 6.5 in my book....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Gotta disagree with you on Grit... Thought John Wayne version was head and shoulders above.

On a scale of 1-10, King's Speech was a 9, True Grit was about a 6.5 in my book....
                              I have watched both, I thought bridges was a better Rooster cogburn.

Comment

Working...
                              X