Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies

You won't get real church history from seeing Angels and Demons. Read this piece before/after for the real story: http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/featu...mons_may09.asp

Comment

Originally posted by 91rabbit View Post
      You won't get real church history from seeing Angels and Demons. Read this piece before/after for the real story: http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/featu...mons_may09.asp
      A great link and column. I really did not get much church histroy from the movie to be totally honest. I have been aware of Galieo and his problems with the Roman Catholic church, but as the columist pointed, there are quite a few others where their work advanced science and they were indeed part of the church. So to make this conflict the theme of the movie and book is off the mark by a ways in terms of honesty, but its Hollywood that does seem to try and get way with it. Like the columnist mentioned, Hollywood does get away with it because of the ignorance of the audience. I like to exclude myself from the iggys in the crowd, but really cant.

Even though I can still say I enjoyed the movie, this particular column makes a great deal of sense and provides you the Church's view of this movie. Thanks 91rabbit. Rep pts.

Comment

I agree, Taken has been one of the best movies I have rented in the last few months. Liam really does a great job in this movie.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I agree, Taken has been one of the best movies I have rented in the last few months. Liam really does a great job in this movie.
          Agreed, Taken was fantastic.

Comment

I went to "The Hangover" last night. It was very funny. Many laugh out loud moments.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I went to "The Hangover" last night. It was very funny. Many laugh out loud moments.

Make sure you leave the kids at home for this one, adult themed.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Make sure you leave the kids at home for this one, adult themed.
                Saw it as well, loved it but it is very adult themed.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Saw it as well, loved it but it is very adult themed.
                  Loved it. Laughed through the entire movie. Great movie.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    Loved it. Laughed through the entire movie. Great movie.
                    I did too, I went both Friday and Saturday. That might make me lame but it was a great movie
                    Last edited by mango4; 06-08-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      I did too, I went bother Friday and Saturday. That might make me lame but it was a great movie
                      Not at all. I went Friday night, and wanted to go again Saturday but I went fishing instead. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go again this week though.

Comment

On recommendations in this thread, rented "Taken" and just finished it. It was worth the rental.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          Totally agree with you on that. Very funny movie but it is for adults. I might actually go to it a second time this week.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            Not at all. I went Friday night, and wanted to go again Saturday but I went fishing instead. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go again this week though.
                            Hammered the walleyes on Thursday and Friday, planned to do it again on Saturday, weather did not allow. Watched Juno and Me, Myself and Irene while playing cards. Both decent movies. If you haven't seen Juno you need to watch it.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The wife and I had our first night out since our first child was born a couple months ago, and we saw Night at the Museum Battle of the Smithsonian on friday night. It was a very entertaining movie, and we enjoyed it thoroughly.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Zombieland is hilarious. Much better than what I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X