• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    Re: Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    OK, let me try:

My math is not that good, what is the number of days that equal 27.8743 years?
    10,174 days 2 hours 52 minutes and 5 seconds.

Anyone here a hunter. Been hunting elk for the last month or so. Probably the toughest animal I've ever hunted. Damnit...they are so tough...guys has to really stroke one with a bow and arrow to kill one. Anyone???????

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    For some reason you have to wait approximately 27.8743 years to get into the SDSU HOF but only 5 years to get into the NFL HOF. My math may be wrong, but I believe that is the reason.

OK, let me try:

My math is not that good, what is the number of days that equal 27.8743 years?

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

well hey.... wall street is going to fail....... Mike Pence set up Boehner for a fall, telling him that he had 70 + votes...... And then Boehner said that he had 70+ to deliver and Boehner looks like a failure..... Pence is the republican whip who lost to Boehner for the leadership role in the caucus 2 years ago. And wants the leadership role pretty bad next year....

Leave a comment:

• CatchEmAll
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Well, Jay Parker is one...but senility causes me to block out the name of the other.

Is this a devious way to get back to the "we don't pass enough to tight ends" debate????
    Just some way to get people to not care about this thread anymore.

I've been good in not engaging in the tight ends debate. Just the facts, no bias on my part this year. Seriously, I'm not badrabbit

And Jay Parker is a correct answer. eqguy is close enough. Senility, can't be that old yet, are you ?

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

I know I know...

Jay Parker and some dude that goes by Catch em all.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Well, Jay Parker is one...but senility causes me to block out the name of the other.

Is this a devious way to get back to the "we don't pass enough to tight ends" debate????

Leave a comment:

• CatchEmAll
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Hehehe.

I see what you did there.
    Didn't work any better here than on the other one though.

Lets try this: Can you name two former Jackrabbit Tight Ends who went on to work in the SDSU athletic department in administrative capacities?

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

You see us at Black Hills State understand why they needed to do this (not that we liked it, or that we wouldn't of minded to see Wall Street turned into a ghost town) The facts are that everything is so interlinked that unless something would of happened the problems would of been felt by too many people.

Bear Sterns Bailout- This one bothered me kinda. The reason is because if you look at the difference between the government prompted deal and the bankruptcy there really wasn't much difference (at least what we can see from the surface it could of been worse and we didn't know it)

Fannie and Freddie- Guys these had to be bailed out, they are theoretically backed by the United States, if the United States would of let these guys fail the value of the dollar would be zero because are word would worthless to foreign countries that hold are money.

AIG- This had to happen because if it didn't there would of been a bankruptcy and with bankruptcy it would of tied up things and make it harder for insurance claims and everything. This isn't even really considered a bailout because we took 80% of the company as collateral.

The $700 billion dollar bailout isn't a bailout its a fund that buys morgage bundles that look bad on the books, split them up figure out what to do with them and try to turn a profit. At most I think it would be a $200 billion dollar bailout because most of the bundles have a lot of good morgages in them and by taking them off of the books you will allow the price to go up and then you sell them at a higher price. And I personally believe that there is a good chance that money could be made by this for the government.

Personally I think its bs.... It makes me mad that we have to bail them out but when you understand that if this doesn't happen. There will be runs on banks, Banks will go broke, my student loan won't come through, my dad's and other farmers operating loans won't come through.... When the local businesses who use a line of credit some months to make payroll can't make payroll, and all other problems that will be bigger, then you understand that this has to happen.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Fun fact - did you know Jim Langer received entry into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he was eligible for entry into the SDSU Hall of Fame.
    Hehehe.

I see what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

For some reason you have to wait approximately 27.8743 years to get into the SDSU HOF but only 5 years to get into the NFL HOF. My math may be wrong, but I believe that is the reason.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

No I did not. Do you know how that occurred?

Leave a comment:

• CatchEmAll
    replied

Fun fact - did you know Jim Langer received entry into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he was eligible for entry into the SDSU Hall of Fame.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Catch 'em.

Kill it.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

I've gotten this e-mail 3 times today and have replied all every time saying the math is wrong. He's only off by 3 zero's!

Leave a comment:

• boxerboy
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Well, there you go. I didn't read it very closely.
    Hey Doc, as long as you know the difference between things like first, second, and third generation cepholasporins, Ace inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, statins etc. and the appropriate places to Rx we will let someone else worry about the math.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X