Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unofficial Summit League Beer

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    McGolden = The definition of fizzy water. Smoothie as the Minnesotans say. You can have all of them. Life is too short to drink light beer.

Best beer, tie, Guinness and Newcastle. Different styles, both done to perfection.

Hot summer day = Budweiser, in the can, straight out of an ice-filled cooler.

Summit EPA, drinkable, moderate hop, sublte malty finish, perfect beer for our league. I personally like the IPA better, more hop.

Gotta try it = Black Dog Ale from the Spanish Peaks brewery in Montana, nice hop, great malty finish. Pick up a six pack, you won't regret it.

I could go on-and-on, not time today. Smithwicks is great, Erdinger best Hefe, Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada best seasonal, Harp is a great lager.....
    Very nicely done. Rep points.

Light beer? You lose the taste. Too many calories? If I'm interested in watching my weight I would rather not drink as much (and enjoy it more when I do), rather than drink it watered down.

Comment

Re: Unofficial Summit League Beer

Have some Summit Extra Pale Ale in the 'fridge right now...down to three bottles.

If we're talking preferences, I usually order Guiness when considering a beverage in the genus of fermented malt beverages.

I wish we could talk Summit Brewery into having a little fun with the Summit League.

A "Big-10" beer sounds awful. Would you consume an ACC Ale? An Ivy League Stout? A Pac-10 lager? Those all sounds terrible. But a Summit beer sounds inviting. Lots of warm-weather tailgating possibilities.

Comment

Working...
      X