Football equipment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football equipment question

One thing that might help NE. They now have stickers so you don't have to deal with that messy eye black. Also, as you have seen on TV, the stickers can be dressed up a bit so they would go better with traditional business casual attire. That may at least quell some of the stares.

the only real changes in football equipment over the past 25-30 years have been in fashion....from bandana's, doo rags, gloves, and the bicep bands....mostly purely fashion.
    Have to disagree with you here. I could go on and on, but in every way shape and form football equipment has gotten better by leaps and bounds. Most of it in technical areas that can't be seen by the eye, ie shoulder pads, helmets, chin straps and types of fabrics that create better fitting jerseys.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
      One thing that might help NE. They now have stickers so you don't have to deal with that messy eye black. Also, as you have seen on TV, the stickers can be dressed up a bit so they would go better with traditional business casual attire. That may at least quell some of the stares.

Have to disagree with you here. I could go on and on, but in every way shape and form football equipment has gotten better by leaps and bounds. Most of it in technical areas that can't be seen by the eye, ie shoulder pads, helmets, chin straps and types of fabrics that create better fitting jerseys.
      You missed the point...red grange wore a helmet, shoulder pads, etc....different but same function...technology always changes, when i was at state, we went from suspension helmets to the bike air helmets....still the same purpose, but better. All the fluff is for looks only
      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Sorry, I just don't consider the fluff to be actual equipment. Just a hazard of the former job!
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
        X