Baseball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseball Cards

I heard from a reliable source that Jack4Life actually collected Marv Thronberry ('62 Mets) cards. Most of us in Jack4Life's vintage, had a difficult time deciding which to throw away first: the rotten gum that came with the cards, or the darned Marv Thronberry card that seemed to be in every pack.

Comment

If Wags or Douglas goes pro, I might have to begin a little card collection.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I heard from a reliable source that Jack4Life actually collected Marv Thronberry ('62 Mets) cards. Most of us in Jack4Life's vintage, had a difficult time deciding which to throw away first: the rotten gum that came with the cards, or the darned Marv Thronberry card that seemed to be in every pack.

That stick of gum stuck around well into the 80's. Every one of the nearly thousand of packs of 1987 topps cards had one card that was stained from the rock hard gum. And I chewed every piece of it.

Comment

I've got about 150 Kirby Puckett cards. Had a George Bell collection at one time too. Most valuable card today is Alex Rodriguez Upper Deck SP rookie card. Don't collect anymore but still buy a pack or two every once in awhile if they are next to the checkout counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I've got about 150 Kirby Puckett cards. Had a George Bell collection at one time too. Most valuable card today is Alex Rodriguez Upper Deck SP rookie card. Don't collect anymore but still buy a pack or two every once in awhile if they are next to the checkout counter.
            You're obviously a smart fella.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one...maybe Jack1979 should take note...

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Hey, that Marv Thornberry was something, eh? I remember just throwing them away when I got one and hoped it was the one that the gum was stuck to. I can't believe Rabbitlivinginverm at every piece. That deserves an award...

Also, JD, I take exception to the way you use vintage with my name. Makes me sound like a Model T or maybe someone as old as you are!!

Comment

Working...
              X