NCAA 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 07

Does anybody know if SDSU will be on the EA Sports College Football game this year?

Re: NCAA 07

Originally posted by mitchell2006
    Does anybody know if SDSU will be on the EA Sports College Football game this year?
    From the AGS site, indications are the I-AA schools vanished as option. >

Comment

Sound like one less reason to buy the game this year. Guess I'll just play my NCAA '06 for another year. Really, how can you play an authentic I-A college season without your I-AA matchup? The Gophers (or whomever) have to have a 12th game.......

Comment

Got the game today, no NDSU or SDSU. Seems to be only 1-AA teams with autobids.

Comment

Our division doesn't get the love in football but it should for basketball!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

SDSU and NDSU pretty much have to be in the game for basketball, it's all just D-I there. EA could make plenty of room on the disk just by getting rid of those lame "It's in the game!" videos. It has to consume a considerable amount of disk space to hold all those videos.

I have to assume that the real reason they don't include all of the I-AA teams is that they don't think that it is worth the time and money. They would do it if they thought that it added sales would make up for the expense. I just wish they create-a-team and create-a-stadium features were more powerful. As it is you can sort of create something somewhat close, but it could be a lot better. If they won't include all the teams, how about including all the logos? That would make it easier to accurately create the look and feel.

Or how about this? What if every SDSU fan were to mail a voided check to EA Sports with a note saying that you wanted to buy the game, but didn't because SDSU wasn't in there? (Just don't tell them you bought the game anyway. ;-)

It's not just autobid, the Ivy League teams are there, as well as the SWAC teams. They are there because EA knows there is demand for those teams. For some reason, you can play as a powerhouse like Prairieview A&M, but not the GWFC teams.

Comment

I wish they would make a game exclusivley for DIAA football, you would think that there are a lot of alumni and current students from these schools who would buy the game. They made an arena football game and a rugby game.

Comment

College football fandom is a lot wider than the alumni, and you need a wider base of support to make a game viable than just the alumni. But EA doesn't need to make a new game. All they need to do is to add all the I-AA teams, add the schedule, and poof, you have I-AA football.

But perhaps they could sell it as a seperate game. The expense on EA's side would be low, because 99% would be identical to the I-A game. The only difference is teams and schedules.

Comment

How many of you have bought this game? What do you think? Is it much different than NCAA '06? Is it worth buying now to get the preseason football fix in? Thanks for the input.

EDIT: I know I stated a couple weeks back that I have no intention of buying '07; I'm just curious what everyone else thinks of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    How many of you have bought this game? What do you think? Is it much different than NCAA '06? Is it worth buying now to get the preseason football fix in? Thanks for the input.

EDIT: I know I stated a couple weeks back that I have no intention of buying '07; I'm just curious what everyone else thinks of the game.
                    I have '06 and thought it was a great game. I was disappointed that SDSU and the GWFC was not included on the '07 edition. Like you I decided that I wouldn't buy '07 but I am in desperate need a a preseason football fix. I've went to the store a couple of times to buy it but keep holding out for Madden '07. It'll be released in mid August I believe. I think I can make it till then.

Comment

i bought it. i love the game, new additions to the "legend mode". the gameplay got a little more realistic with the tackling, break-tackles, blocking and such. ;D

but i agree, i wish they would have taken out all the stupid cameos, and the celebrations (all celebrations from, players, fans, cheerleaders, mascots) and they would have PLENTY of room to add D-1AA and their stadiums. and MAYBE they could fix up dynasty mode where you play as a D-1AA team in a D-1AA set up with a play-off and everything, and then you could have the option to transistion to the big time, or just stick with D-1AA. 8-)

Comment

well I finally broke down and bought and XBOX 360 and NCAA 07. Was a bit dissapointed with some the missing features that were on last years game like the traveling trophies, but being able to play people online defiantly makes up for it. If anyone else has Xbox Live we'll have to set up a game.

Comment

Their only motivation for including anything is sales. They wouldn't even bother to have all the I-A teams if they didn't need to have them to keep sales up. They will include I-AA teams when they think the added sales are worth the extra time and money spent. Just creating a team isn't all that much effort, you just have to create the stadium, the uniforms and the players (appearance and stats). Maybe a letter writing campaign from fans of GWFC teams would convince them that this is worth their time.

Comment

Working...
                          X