Introductions./Favorite Jacks QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introductions./Favorite Jacks QB

A quick note on Dan Fjeldheim. When he was a freshman leading the scout team offense, he was skinny and a little frail. When we were practicing our pass skel many of the times one of the WR's would come in to throw the deep balls because Dan couldn't get it down the field with anything on it. Everyone really liked Dan, but his future as a QB was pretty shakey. He worked hard and stuck with it and became a great QB for SDSU who had the respect of all of his teamates. He went from a struggling scout teamer who struggled to throw the ball 30 yards to the undisputed team leader and one of the best QBs in the region and had one of the statistically best seasons that an SDSU QB has ever had. I really admire that about Dan.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Backer
      [quote author=eqguy link=1159199290/15#25 date=1159904112]Close md, Huether Field

I really loved watching games there.
      Erv Huether Field, I think, to be exact. As I said, I loved watching games there, too. The only bad thing was the HPER cast a large shadow what was sometimes very cool. That shadow also meant snow stayed on the field longer, which stunk. I remember players shoveling off the first base side of the field because it never saw any sun.  ;D Good times.[/quote]

Agree with everyone, great place to watch a game. My dad started taking my brother and I when we were quite young on Sunday afternoon games. Great memories for us. Loved watching McMacken, VanEngelenhoven, Pat Schmidt, etc. Too many to name. On the plus side, at least we have a parking lot. By far this is my biggest disappointment in the University. I somewhat understand the reasoning, but I'll probably always be upset that field is gone. I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder that the Performing Arts Center contributed to the demise of Huether Field. They could have, at least, found a different location and left the field alone.

Comment

I agree that today's students really miss out by not having the field next to HPER. I understand all the reasons and probably would have made the same decision. I really enjoyed sitting back on a warm spring afternoon watching the Jacks, cracking a cold one, and enjoying baseball.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Hello. My name is Brian Kimmes. I am the sports editor for the collegian this year. If you any ideas, thoughts, concerns, etc... about the Collegian coverage of sports, please let me know. If it is good or bad, either way. My goal is to make the sports section of the Collegian the best it can be. You are the most informed fan base I have, so please keep me informed. Thank you and go Jackrabbits.

Comment

Working...
          X