Goodbye to Nidaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye to Nidaros

A man who truly loved the Jackrabbits, Clair Husby, known on this board as Nidaros, died on April 3. He gave his time and treasure to SDSU.

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    A man who truly loved the Jackrabbits, Clair Husby, known on this board as Nidaros, died on April 3. He gave his time and treasure to SDSU.
    That's too bad. He bled blue and yellow. RIP Clair.

Obituary | Clair David Husby of Arlington, South Dakota | Eidsness Funeral and Cremation Services (eidsnessfuneralhome.com)

Comment

I never met him but he always had good thoughts on SDSU athletics. I will miss his insights.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I too enjoyed his posts and thoughts. Godspeed sir.

Comment

Was saddened to see this.

It was entertaining and informative to read about his experiences with coaches, athletes, and fellow fans.

Fair winds and following seas, Nidaros

Comment

RIP Clair. I liked the throw back stories. He will be missed.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. It was neat to read about his life though.

Comment

RIP Nidaros. Never met him, but we lost a great Jackrabbit. His last post was on 3/30 and last activity was on 3/31. He was active on the board and with Jackrabbit Nation until the end. My thoughts are with his family.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

He seemed to live a full and interesting life, can't ask for much more than that. He did have some great old stories about the Jacks. RIP.

Comment

We can all hope for such a complete life of accomplishments. He had many aspirations which were completed and he also defeated a drinking problem and he defeated a cancer several years back. He never backed away from the financial gifts to his alma mater and he supported the progress of SDSU. He was a fun old Norwegian.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I liked him, although I never met him, enjoyed his posts, he was a good man and a good Jackrabbit fan, RIP Nidaros, Clair Husby.

Comment

A great Jackrabbit historian, fan and supporter. Glad I got to meet him many years ago at an alumni gathering before a Jacks-Mavericks football game in Omaha.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Thank you Cowbell for sharing this. When I ran the Jackrabbit ticket office in the early 2000's I had the opportunity to meet and get to know Clair. He was a true Jackrabbit at heart. Very saddened to see this news. Rest in Peace Clair.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

https://brookingsregister.com/articl...usby-arlington
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I had not seen this until today. Very, very sorry to hear. Sounds like a wonderful man, and we all know he was an amazing supporter of all things Blue and Yellow. Rest in Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X