A new sheriff in town--JackJD is a Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A new sheriff in town--JackJD is a Moderator

I think your new software is the same we are running at bisonsports.net?  Looks similar in the page format.

If you want to see how that template can look formatted and up and running stop by www.bisonsports.net and take a look.

www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by JBB123
      I think your new software is the same we are running at bisonsports.net?  Looks similar in the page format.

If you want to see how that template can look formatted and up and running stop by www.bisonsports.net and take a look.

The new SDSU board appears to be stalled as of right now. The format of Bisonsports isn't to shabby.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JBB123
        I think your new software is the same we are running at bisonsports.net? Looks similar in the page format.

It's probably a relative--it runs the Geeklog software with the forum plugin. The plugin is (I'm guessing) closely related to phpBB that bisonsports.net is running. Both are written in PHP and use an SQL backend (for all you unreconstructed geek-types out there). The main reason I'm running Geeklog is that it has, perceived or real, a better reputation for security than phpBB.

My current plan is to spend some time in May trying to tweak the new site to improve its response time a bit. It's otherwise (as far as I can tell) working just fine and is open for business, but there's really no rush to move over there right now (unless the Jackrabbit Nation gets really chatty and crashes this here board in the near future).

Mostly, I've been spending a little more time in the real world (away from SDSUFans.com generally). Did you guys know that it's spring? Sure is cold, though.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ive always liked the layout of this board. Its been easy to look at, navigate and post. Im sure all of these packages are evolving and the look is going to change and then change again!
          www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            [quote author=JBB123 link=1174835893/15#15 date=1176330689]I think your new software is the same we are running at bisonsports.net?  Looks similar in the page format.

It's probably a relative--it runs the Geeklog software with the forum plugin.  The plugin is (I'm guessing) closely related to phpBB that bisonsports.net is running.  Both are written in PHP and use an SQL backend (for all you unreconstructed geek-types out there).  The main reason I'm running Geeklog is that it has, perceived or real, a better reputation for security than phpBB.

My current plan is to spend some time in May trying to tweak the new site to improve its response time a bit.  It's otherwise (as far as I can tell) working just fine and is open for business, but there's really no rush to move over there right now (unless the Jackrabbit Nation gets really chatty and crashes this here board in the near future).

Mostly, I've been spending a little more time in the real world (away from SDSUFans.com generally).  Did you guys know that it's spring?  Sure is cold, though.   [/quote]

Thanks for all the hard work you have done Filbert.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              Mostly, I've been spending a little more time in the real world (away from SDSUFans.com generally).  Did you guys know that it's spring?  Sure is cold, though.  
              I've got an 11 am tee time, headed to the course right now. Its at least 38 degrees here and no wind. Thanks again Filbert. I hope to be in Sioux Falls cheering on the Jacks this weekend.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                [quote author=filbert link=1174835893/15#17 date=1176336032]
                Mostly, I've been spending a little more time in the real world (away from SDSUFans.com generally).  Did you guys know that it's spring?  Sure is cold, though.  
                I've got an 11 am tee time, headed to the course right now.  Its at least 38 degrees here and no wind.  Thanks again Filbert.  I hope to be in Sioux Falls cheering on the Jacks this weekend.[/quote]
                Better go to Mitchell "Doc". That is where the Jacks Are playing.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I do need to get some new gear for turkey hunting. A trip to Mitchell may be in the cards for Sunday. Sounds like the weather will be reasonable.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X