Streaming TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming TV

We are ready to kick DISH out the door because of cost and no Fox Sports North. Am looking at either YouTube TV or Hulu+. Anyone have positives/negatives for either one ? We eliminated Sling because they no longer have FS North..

We switched to YouTube TV about a month ago and are very happy with it.

Enjoy the unlimited DVR, and being able to watch on multiple TV's or personal devices at the same time.

Comment

I used to have no commercial Hulu but decided to scale that back and got the Hulu (w/commercials), Disney, espn + bundle package.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        I used to have no commercial Hulu but decided to scale that back and got the Hulu (w/commercials), Disney, espn + bundle package.
        For the poorly informed on this type of television, are you able to get the local news and other live programming as I am used to watching? Are the packages similar? I am also assuming that a smart TV and internet are the way it is delivered. Thank you for any feedback.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

For the poorly informed on this type of television, are you able to get the local news and other live programming as I am used to watching? Are the packages similar? I am also assuming that a smart TV and internet are the way it is delivered. Thank you for any feedback.

I do not get local stations with these streaming services. I have an antenna on one tv to get local stations or use the Locast app for local stations on my phone. Hulu typically has network television shows the day after they air on tv (except CBS, they have their own services that you can stream up to five episodes for free). I also have Netflix and Prime as well.

the cost of no commercial Hulu is roughly same as the bundled package which I was going to get Disney + for the kids anyways now I have espn+ that I can get most jackrabbit games now since I don’t have midcosn

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

I do not get local stations with these streaming services. I have an antenna on one tv to get local stations or use the Locast app for local stations on my phone. Hulu typically has network television shows the day after they air on tv (except CBS, they have their own services that you can stream up to five episodes for free). I also have Netflix and Prime as well.

the cost of no commercial Hulu is roughly same as the bundled package which I was going to get Disney + for the kids anyways now I have espn+ that I can get most jackrabbit games now since I don’t have midcosn
            The bundle you referenced above (Hulu, Disney+ & ESPN) doesn't include Hulu Live thought right? Which you will need to view live sports events not on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

The bundle you referenced above (Hulu, Disney+ & ESPN) doesn't include Hulu Live thought right? Which you will need to view live sports events not on ESPN.

correct, I’ll just say I have a way around that

in regards to the bundle that only includes espn+, I believe you need another way of streaming espn network. I know espn 3 is streamable with just having Midco internet service.

Comment

I switched from Midco cable to Hulu+ Live this winter. It has worked out very well - including for local SD news.

Comment

I switched from Midco cable to Hulu+ Live this winter. It has worked out very well - including for local SD news.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

YouTube TV ($55/month) and Hulu + Live ($60/month) do include local channels. Both have approx. 70 channels. YouTube has more sports channels. You can do a 7 day free trial for both. If you don't have a smart TV you can get a ROKU media player or streaming stick for $30 - $70 which will allow you connect through your internet.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It gives an idea which companies and costs to investigate. There are different choices with some similar overall costs when the internet is included or go to 1 supplier to trim costs.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                      X