Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota HS State Tournaments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Minnesota HS State Tournaments

    Was watching the Mn State HS girls hockey tournament. They mentioned that there are 68 D1 signees from Mn HSGH. Wonder how this compares to other sports. Sounds like they are feeding the nation's womens hockey programs.

  • #2
    Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

    Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
    Was watching the Mn State HS girls hockey tournament. They mentioned that there are 68 D1 signees from Mn HSGH. Wonder how this compares to other sports. Sounds like they are feeding the nation's womens hockey programs.
    How many schools have D-1 womens hockey? Wouldn't think more then a handful. Unless every school that has mens also has womens hockey.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

      Originally posted by goon View Post
      How many schools have D-1 womens hockey? Wouldn't think more then a handful. Unless every school that has mens also has womens hockey.
      Yes, if men's hockey, likely women's hockey for title IX compliance. Doubt that there many U's without both. The school would have to use a slew of other sports for women to make up for men's hockey otherwise.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

        Originally posted by goon View Post
        How many schools have D-1 womens hockey? Wouldn't think more then a handful. Unless every school that has mens also has womens hockey.
        36 it looks like. 16 of the 22 member USA U-18 Womens Hockey Team for 2016, were from Minnesota. Not a lot of spots for them to get a scholly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

          USD Coyotes have an ad early in all the MN HS hockey tournament games. I couldn't see the Acme Anvil Company next door to the U.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

            Waseca Boys 4OT win over Marshall, March MADNESS IS HERE!!!

            http://deadspin.com/bananas-boys-bas...cou-1762805369

            http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=148...B&sf21970348=1

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

              Good grief, the USD commercials continue in the MN HS BB tournament.
              Lakeville North vs Osseo, can see why the recruiting frenzy for Nathan Reuvers. Probably Wis or Gophs. Osseo #1 seed 4A, no one over 6-4, fast and strong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                Good grief, the USD commercials continue in the MN HS BB tournament.
                Lakeville North vs Osseo, can see why the recruiting frenzy for Nathan Reuvers. Probably Wis or Gophs. Osseo #1 seed 4A, no one over 6-4, fast and strong.
                Is there not a Thiessen on Osseo's team?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                  Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Is there not a Thiessen on Osseo's team?
                  Isn't Ian's dad their head coach ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Isn't Ian's dad their head coach ?
                    No. I thought this at one time but was corrected (can't remember by who). I'm not sure if Ian is even related to Osseo's coach even though they have the same last name.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                      If you haven't seen this years MN state hockey all hockey hair or years past, it is definitely worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmucWOLnAb4

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                        Jamil Jackson Jr. of Minneapolis North might be a good get if chooses SDSU. Purdue and a whole host of mid-majors are showing interest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                          Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                          Jamil Jackson Jr. of Minneapolis North might be a good get if chooses SDSU. Purdue and a whole host of mid-majors are showing interest.
                          Announcer from the game between North and Goodhue near the end of the game was talking about Jackson Jr.' choices to play college ball. The announcer said that if it was me I would go play for Scott Nagy at SDSU, that Nagy has been such a great coach and that their program has been remarkable. Good rep can't hurt.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                            18,295 at the afternoon session of Mn AA hockey state tournament.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Minnesota HS State Tournaments

                              Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              18,295 at the afternoon session of Mn AA hockey state tournament.
                              This blows me away every year when I see these attendance figures. Truly awesome!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X