Argus Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argus Leader

I think the main thing I miss is the Tuesday tidbits and the podcast. That is where it appears to be less coverage not necessarily in the actual paper itself.

Comment

I think people are complaining about a change in coverage and it is not what they are used to

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh come on. We were spoiled with TV. But honestly... he built his reputation up over a few years. Give Zim the same respect AND opportunity to impress you. He will respond. He is a good writer.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          Oh come on. We were spoiled with TV. But honestly... he built his reputation up over a few years. Give Zim the same respect AND opportunity to impress you. He will respond. He is a good writer.
          I agree. It's a bit unfair to compare TV's work at the end of his run as the Jack's beat writer to Zimmer's current work when he isn't even the exclusive beat writer and he is covering 3 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I agree. It's a bit unfair to compare TV's work at the end of his run as the Jack's beat writer to Zimmer's current work when he isn't even the exclusive beat writer and he is covering 3 schools.
            I think this quote hits it pretty well. I think Zimmer is doing a good job. Frankly, I think he is doing a great job considering the workload that he's got on his plate. Now, that said, obviously TV had more time devoted to SDSU and that shined through. Zim's comment about being accommodated with overtime is a positive. Budgets at newspapers are rough and getting worse.

We were spoiled with Terry as a journalist and I got to know him personally as well. He's a great guy and he got an amazing opportunity that has worked out fantastically for his family and his career. In no way do I feel that Zimmer isn't a talented reporter. He is just that. His fall camp coverage has been excellent. Let's give him a little time. He's getting it done and hopefully the Argus will see correlation between the amount of SDSU coverage and paper sales. Not sure if they do or don't right now. Maybe other things bring a better return for the paper. That's their business.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Here is my two cents.... Are some people so bored in their lives they have to worry about how much coverage SDSU sports is getting? Relax people, Zimmer is doing a good job. I'm glad he defended himself. I'm not losing any sleep over the amount of coverage, either should anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SmittySDSU View Post
                Here is my two cents.... Are some people so bored in their lives they have to worry about how much coverage SDSU sports is getting? Relax people, Zimmer is doing a good job. I'm glad he defended himself. I'm not losing any sleep over the amount of coverage, either should anyone else.
                (looks around at content of web site to which this message was posted, shrugs, goes back to what he was doing before)

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Edit: After making the following post, I noted that the announcement of Matt Zimmer's change to full-time SDSU reporter for the Argus Sports had already been posted by westernjack in the SDSU News and Comment section.

It's official: Matt Zimmer is no longer assigned to cover Augie and USF (and the NSIC) for the Argus Leader and is now the full-time beat writer covering SDSU. See Zimm's story in today's Argus.
                  http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...r-me/32312257/
                  Last edited by JackJD; 08-25-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X