SD State Tournament.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD State Tournament.....

wondering if someone could refresh my memory. aren't the 'AA's (girls and boys) changing their format in 2016 or 17? thought i heard they were going to experiment with combining the boys and girls final games and make it a "championship" saturday in sioux falls? thought there was also discussion of dropping consolation games or, if they decided they wanted them they would be played at the old arena or pentagon?

sorry, should have stated "SD State HS Tournament"
    Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 03-22-2015, 01:31 PM.

Re: SD State Tournament.....

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    wondering if someone could refresh my memory. aren't the 'AA's (girls and boys) changing their format in 2016 or 17? thought i heard they were going to experiment with combining the boys and girls final games and make it a "championship" saturday in sioux falls? thought there was also discussion of dropping consolation games or, if they decided they wanted them they would be played at the old arena or pentagon?

sorry, should have stated "SD State HS Tournament"
    AA will play a combined girls/boys in Sioux Falls in 2016 and Rapid City in 2017. Theyre talking about doing the A combined in 2019 and B in 2020. I think the B fans would like to see it stay in Aberdeen and Aberdeen isnt big enough to host a combined tourney. Attendance in Rapid City is never good so maybe a combined tourney would help attendance out there.

Comment

Re: SD State Tournament.....

Since so many B schools closed and combined with others the state tournament is not the same anymore. Back in those days the consolation round meant something, but now? Makes me sure wonder. What ever they do, it does not matter too much to me.

Comment

Working...
      X