Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Anyone still following this story? What's it been, 11 or 12 days and still nothing but conjecture and inconclusive facts that don't fit together? I've gone from thinking mechanical failure to deliberate action and back to mechanical failure again. I wonder how long it's going to take; days, weeks, years? I'm starting to think they're not going to find the plane before the flight data recorder stops broadcasting(something like 20-30 more days).
    http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploa...craigslist.jpg

Comment

The Malaysian PM said that Flight MH370 ended up in southern Indian ocean,thus ending any hope of survivors. They notified family members by text message. Seems a little cold on the outside,but i guess it would be difficult to get a hold of them all so they could get the news first.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...?hpid=z1&clsrd

Comment

Will we ever know what actually happened? I seen on Face the Nation, they had the guy whose company found the Air France wreckage. So far they have not been asked to be involved in finding Flight 370, but they have the equipment to find this plane. Its a shame they will not find anyone alive.

Comment

I'm liking this theory "There are two valid explanations to that. One, life insurance payoff to his family. Pilot suicide will be hard to prove if no one finds your aircraft in 20,000 feet of water at the bottom of the world.

Two, maybe he simply doesn't want the stigma of suicide to tarnish his family. I unfortunately know two people each who lost their fathers (different men) to suicide. Both of them are seriously screwed up specifically because of that.

Incapacitate the other pilot. Doesn't seem difficult. Depressurize the cabin. Hypoxia in a few seconds, death in 5 minutes. That's not hard to do. Turn off all known communications equipment. Simple. Fly at 12,000 feet for a couple of hundred miles where 'skin paint radar' will have to be within 130 miles to pick you out on the scope. (Easy for a pilot) Then back up to the maximum gas milage altitude. Eight hour flight to the bottom of the world (with no distractions) where he will ditch the aircraft."

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Will we ever know what actually happened? I seen on Face the Nation, they had the guy whose company found the Air France wreckage. So far they have not been asked to be involved in finding Flight 370, but they have the equipment to find this plane. Its a shame they will not find anyone alive.
            If they find the flight data recorder, there's still good hope of figuring out what happened. But we're down to a 2-week window to find it. After that, it will be a needle in the mother of all haystacks. And with it sitting on the bottom of the ocean, it's going to be tough to find even while it's still pinging.

Comment

If they find the flight data recorder, there's still good hope of figuring out what happened. But we're down to a 2-week window to find it. After that, it will be a needle in the mother of all haystacks. And with it sitting on the bottom of the ocean, it's going to be tough to find even while it's still pinging.
              Supposedly an Australian ship detected some signals from the planes black box. This link has a great graphic with it that gives you an small idea what they're dealing with in this search.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...e-problem/931/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Supposedly an Australian ship detected some signals from the planes black box. This link has a great graphic with it that gives you an small idea what they're dealing with in this search.

That is a really interesting graphic, it really drives home the point of how deep the ocean is there and the difficulty of this situation.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Going to be a race between locking down the signal and the batteries running out. I fear they're going to miss by just a day or two. There have been reports that the recent signals have been weakening.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                    That is a really interesting graphic, it really drives home the point of how deep the ocean is there and the difficulty of this situation.
                    I get the bends just looking at that graphic.

Comment

Going to be a race between locking down the signal and the batteries running out. I fear they're going to miss by just a day or two. There have been reports that the recent signals have been weakening.
                      I believe this is day 34 so they're obviously fighting the clock. One report said they have the search area "narrowed"down to the size of South Carolina. The other issue is the ocean flow could contain several feet of silt in the area.
                      Last edited by jack power; 04-10-2014, 11:08 AM. Reason: derp

Comment

I believe this is day 34 so they're obviously fighting the clock. One report said they have the search area "narrowed"down to the size of South Carolina. The other issue is the ocean flow could contain several feet of silk in the area.
                        Silk ???

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          Silk ???
                          Ha i fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            Silk ???
                            Soy milk. The ocean floor is lactose intolerant.

Comment

Working...
                            X