High School Football Game Leads To Bullying Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Football Game Leads To Bullying Charge

A Texas high School beat a team 91-0. That lead to a parent filing a bullying charge. Come on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...101510025.html

Re: High School Football Game Leads To Bullying Charge

That is a ridiculous. This team had backup in the 1st quarter with a continuous clock in the 3rd. What you want the backups just to take a knee on offense? If you can't stop the backups, then you probably need to get better. I know it may sound harsh, but that is the reality. Granted, I don't know what their play calling was. I could see the other team to be upset if they were continuously airing it out, but it didn't sound like it from what I read on another site.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      A Texas high School beat a team 91-0. That lead to a parent filing a bullying charge. Come on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...101510025.html
      From what I read, the winning coach did almost everything possible to mitigate the damage to the losing team without completely robbing his team of a chance to play just a little. It was the #1 team in the league against the worst team, not much that can be done. For this parent to complain about "bullying" is just plain silly, and a testament to the lunacy of helicopter parents. Bring on the quotes about the team with 8 co-captains etc.
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
        From what I read, the winning coach did almost everything possible to mitigate the damage to the losing team without completely robbing his team of a chance to play just a little. It was the #1 team in the league against the worst team, not much that can be done. For this parent to complain about "bullying" is just plain silly, and a testament to the lunacy of helicopter parents. Bring on the quotes about the team with 8 co-captains etc.
        Yeah,i watched the interview and the coach said he would never tell his players not to play hard but he was also tried to think of ways to hold the score down.

The issue is that bullying is a real problem. That parent is trivializing that problem by filing that complaint.

Comment

I believe SD has a mercy rule for 9 man. Bullying? Even I don't buy that Apparently Texas has no mercy rules where the game ends after a certain margin between the schools. I heard about this on McFooley's Mike McFeeley's show on KFGO.

Comment

It's official... we've become a nation of wimps and crybabies. May God have mercy on us all.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              It's official... we've become a nation of wimps and crybabies. May God have mercy on us all.
              you aint seen nothing yet. With all the talk of concussions and injuries in the NFL and rule changes on blocks, tackling, hitting the qb and receivers its only a matter of time football becomes a no touch flag football sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I believe SD has a mercy rule for 9 man. Bullying? Even I don't buy that Apparently Texas has no mercy rules where the game ends after a certain margin between the schools. I heard about this on McFooley's Mike McFeeley's show on KFGO.
                Iowa has a mercy rule that after one team leads by 35 in the 2nd. half,the clock runs continuously except for change of possession, tds,and of course time outs. Last Friday 4A West Des Moines Valley beat Council Bluff TJ 88-0. Ouch

Comment

The issue is that bullying is a real problem. That parent is trivializing that problem by filing that complaint.
                  This. Bullying is a serious deal that needs to be addressed. This does it no favors and actually causes people to treat real bullying issues less seriously. I had a great discussion with my students about this in class today when someone brought this up.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Iowa has a mercy rule that after one team leads by 35 in the 2nd. half,the clock runs continuously except for change of possession, tds,and of course time outs. Last Friday 4A West Des Moines Valley beat Council Bluff TJ 88-0. Ouch
                    What does a 90 to zip game prove? Not much as far as I am concern. I think a good rule would be to stop the game with a 45 point difference. The Iowa rule apparently did not work in the game you cited. Its not bullying, but it seems stupid to keep pounding on a lesser talented team. I suppose you set some kind of record, but that's all. How does some poor kid learn from his team being pounded 90-0? I don't think you learn much other than be some sort of punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      According to a different article about the game, Texas has an automatic mercy rule for 9-man but not 11-man. There is a rule allowing a game to end early if both coaches agree to it(not automatically), but the winning coach was unaware of the rule at the time.

Comment

It looks to me like they need more classes of football in Texas. :-)
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                          According to a different article about the game, Texas has an automatic mercy rule for 9-man but not 11-man. There is a rule allowing a game to end early if both coaches agree to it(not automatically), but the winning coach was unaware of the rule at the time.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X