So, tell me......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, tell me......

What's life like as an alumnus of this fine institution? Its gonna be weird not coming here in the fall.Thanks, Proud member of the class of 2013

Re: So, tell me......

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    What's life like as an alumnus of this fine institution? Its gonna be weird not coming here in the fall.Thanks, Proud member of the class of 2013
    The grading becomes totally pass-fail, for one thing . . . and the grading scale is rarely clearly defined for you . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well since you just probably spent a small fortune and possibly had family help you to pay for college along with grants, loans, and scholarships the very first thing sdsu will ask of you after graduating is for you to give back to sdsu in an money that they didn't get yet over the last few years. Over all its still pretty cool though. Just don't get to party as frequently as being in school allows but its fun. If your in the region make sure you go to any alumni events or sporting events still. Its great staying connected to sdsu that way.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congratulations on your graduation. You will find that the profs that made you feel like you couldn't accomplish anything were wrong. You've been prepared adequately by them to accomplish anything you might want. That and you may find that you have a certain level of loyalty to SDSU that alumni from other schools don't fully understand. Its ok, just go with it.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Congratulations to Big Goosie. You should feel good about making it this far and if you have plans to go on to graduate studies, good luck. I have enjoyed the inside takes of the football program that you have posted here. The debts might look huge at this point, but its an investment whose rate of return is unknown at this point in time. I have been a graduate since 1965, and have felt my degree opened those few doors available to me.

Comment

There is a 20% chance you will have recurring nightmares in which you miss a final exam and have not graduated after all. They go away in about four years for most of us.

Comment

I really wished this was the smack section. We'd have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                I really wished this was the smack section. We'd have fun.
                Go ahead and say something stupid. You don't have to cite your source.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Now, now . . . play nicely with Mr. YF. It's Sunday, after all . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      Ouch
                      Feeling kind of ornery today. I guess I got carried away. Sorry about that. Did USD have graduation yesterday too, or is it next week?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        There is a 20% chance you will have recurring nightmares in which you miss a final exam and have not graduated after all. They go away in about four years for most of us.

I am the 20%. Thought it was just me...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          I am the 20%. Thought it was just me...
                          Still happening to me. As I walked through the parking lot of the hospital this morning I was proud to see 6 vehicles with Jackrabbit license plates. Make sure you proudly if not loudly display your fondness for all things SDSU and Jackrabbit.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I never had that dream, maybe because different circumstances. I had to pass two courses to graduate and they were Business Law and Introduction to Social Work. (Sociology elective.) Took them during summer in Ag Hall and had a good feeling for both courses. I don't recall if Ag Hall was air conditioned or not, but the semester was short, and over before I realized it had started. I was more worried about the draft board than I was about those two courses. Took the easy way out and joined the US Navy for four years. Something at the time I regreted, but don't today. It helped in a number of ways.

Comment

Lol Well done

Comment

Working...
                              X