Nostalgic Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgic Toys

I was remembering fondly tonight the many hours I spent during my childhood playing with Micro Machines. I had hundreds of them, in addition to about 10 playsets to build a micro machines city (a gas station, a carwash, and aircraft carrier and various others). It was awesome.

Post pictures of nostalgic toys you played with.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Nostalgic Toys

I loved this thing when I was in junior high....much more than my dad loved it when I accidently hit him with the ball. It was a record long field goal but he didn't seem to care.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      I loved this thing when I was in junior high....much more than my dad loved it when I accidently hit him with the ball. It was a record long field goal but he didn't seem to care.

I love Super Toe! My brothers and I went through several. Turns out there is a limit on how hard you can smack the head. My kids occasionally find one of the footballs laying around at my Moms house, those things are indestructable.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Tudor Electric Football.

ftballgamesm[1].jpg
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Is this a Seinfeld episode? Rowdy--you have to be 26 to 30 . Am I right? My basement has a lot of Micro Machines ...were big hits with my boys.

Comment

I'm an idiot. How do you post a picture?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'll type up the basic instructions and post them. In the meantime you set up an account on Photobucket.com. You will need that account ( or similar account on another picture site).

Comment

There are several approaches that can be taken and I think they are all conceptually similar. I use Photobucket.com so I set up an account (free) on that site.

Select the picture you want to post and upload it to your Photobucket.com account. Uploading is easy to do—just look at the site and follow directions. The picture will be placed in your Photobucket “library”.

(Conventions: No need to “click” your mouse unless I say so. Just putting your cursor on top of the place directed will open it if I do not say “click”. When I say “click”, then click your mouse, darn it!)

Find the picture in the library. Roll your cursor to the picture and you’ll see a little “gear” in the upper right corner. Roll your cursor over to the gear and a box will open, presenting six choices. The fifth one down is “Get media links”. Click on “Get media links” and another, bigger box opens. You’ll see four choices 1) Email & Im; 2) Direct link; 3) HTML code; and 4) IMG code. Click on IMG code which copies the code to your clipboard.

Now, go to the Message Board and open up a Reply or start a new thread etc…. When you want to make a post, you’ll see an icon ribbon above the posting space. On the right portion of the ribbon, you’ll see a section with four icons in it. The one of the left is a world globe with a little what looks like infinity sign…next to that is a ghosted world globe,…the third icon from the left is the IMAGE icon and THAT'S WHAT WE'LL USE TO INSERT A PICTURE. The fourth icon is for inserting video.

Put your cursor on the IMAGE icon. It’s name will pop up: “Image”. Click on the Image icon and a box will pop up, stating “Insert Image”. It presents two tab choices: “From Computer” or “From URL”. “From Computer” is the default tab --don't pick that one. Click on the tab “From URL”. In the space which pops up, “Paste” the IMG code that you copied from Photobucket to your clipboard. IMPORTANT: delete from both the start and the end of the IMG code you pasted, the reference: [IMG]. ALSO IMPORTANT: Remove the check from the box stating “Retrieve remote file and reference locally”. Your picture will now appear where the blinking cursor is in the Message Board textbox.

See:

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Is this a Seinfeld episode? Rowdy--you have to be 26 to 30 . Am I right? My basement has a lot of Micro Machines ...were big hits with my boys.
                  I'll count it. 31.

It wasn't ours, it was our uncles, but my brother and I always played with it when we went to our grandparents house. Electronic baseball.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

These 2 were also favorites, especially remember playing the basketball games on the long bus rides during high school basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      There are several approaches that can be taken and I think they are all conceptually similar. I use Photobucket.com so I set up an account (free) on that site.

Select the picture you want to post and upload it to your Photobucket.com account. Uploading is easy to do—just look at the site and follow directions. The picture will be placed in your Photobucket “library”.

(Conventions: No need to “click” your mouse unless I say so. Just putting your cursor on top of the place directed will open it if I do not say “click”. When I say “click”, then click your mouse, darn it!)

Find the picture in the library. Roll your cursor to the picture and you’ll see a little “gear” in the upper right corner. Roll your cursor over to the gear and a box will open, presenting six choices. The fifth one down is “Get media links”. Click on “Get media links” and another, bigger box opens. You’ll see four choices 1) Email & Im; 2) Direct link; 3) HTML code; and 4) IMG code. Click on IMG code which copies the code to your clipboard.

Now, go to the Message Board and open up a Reply or start a new thread etc…. When you want to make a post, you’ll see an icon ribbon above the posting space. On the right portion of the ribbon, you’ll see a section with four icons in it. The one of the left is a world globe with a little what looks like infinity sign…next to that is a ghosted world globe,…the third icon from the left is the IMAGE icon and THAT'S WHAT WE'LL USE TO INSERT A PICTURE. The fourth icon is for inserting video.

Put your cursor on the IMAGE icon. It’s name will pop up: “Image”. Click on the Image icon and a box will pop up, stating “Insert Image”. It presents two tab choices: “From Computer” or “From URL”. “From Computer” is the default tab --don't pick that one. Click on the tab “From URL”. In the space which pops up, “Paste” the IMG code that you copied from Photobucket to your clipboard. IMPORTANT: delete from both the start and the end of the IMG code you pasted, the reference: [IMG]. ALSO IMPORTANT: Remove the check from the box stating “Retrieve remote file and reference locally”. Your picture will now appear where the blinking cursor is in the Message Board textbox.

See:

Ha we just did that same picture with USD football, their mascots new slogan.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

These 2 were also favorites, especially remember playing the basketball games on the long bus rides during high school basketball.
                        Oh yeah I still have 2 of the football ones. Dont they still make it like that? I knew someone would post it. Micro machines, hot wheels and legos. And an Atari and pong....Sorry not able to post pictures while at work.

Oh and the video game i probably played more then anything in my life was the original RBI baseball on nintendo.

Space invaders got a lot of playing time also.........Its a saturday night, all alone with my 2 liter of Shasta and my all Rush mix tape.......Anyone guess it?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                        X