Best Beer in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Beer in the USA

Stumbling around the message boards this evening, came across the following link while reviewing posts at Fargo Detention Center Fan Message Board. The story is about a contest to determine the best craft- or homebrew- beer in each of the 50 states and the best overall for the USA. North Dakota was picked #1 by the judges in this case (possibly replacement NFL refs) and South Dakota was #3. The South Dakota entry was Crow Peak Brewery out of Spearfish, and its Pile O' Dirt Porter.

A year ago, Crow Peak and Cubbie's joined and offered Crow Peak/Cubbie's beer glasses for sale. I have two.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,4693583.story

Re: Best Beer in the USA

I'm assuming ND won solely because of TransAmBison. Congrats!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It causes one to pause when they recognize (and recall having) many of the oddly-named beers on the list.

Comment

I hated Crow Peak Brewery. Too much bitterness/hops in the beer for me and I don't mind Summit IPAs and other hoppy beers.

Congrats to them, but just my opinion.
        Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If you visit the Black Hills make stop at Crow Peak Brewery. They have 8 - 10 of their beers on tap with widely varying levels and types of bitterness. There is enough range in the offerings for most to find a really good beer.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The best beer in the USA is the beer that is currently in my hand.

Go State!!!
            Go Jacks!!!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
            X