Hot for Teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot for Teacher

I had not thought about the 1984 Van Halen song "Hot for Teacher" for years. In the past few days, however, the song jumped into the news cycle (okay, I'm using the term "news cycle" loosely because I'm talking about what shows up on Yahoo's home page) because the model who appeared in the video turned 60 years of age.

And now, today, there's another "Hot for Teacher" news item cited to ABC news but appearing on the Yahoo page...well, read the first three paragraphs yourself (yep, that's Oakland University, home of the Summit League Grizz):

A Michigan college student is crying foul after he was kicked off campus for writing a sexually suggestive journal entry about his teacher for a class assignment.
    Joseph Corlett, a 56-year-old countertop refinisher who is pursuing a degree in writing and rhetoric at Oakland University, wrote the essay as a part of a creative writing journal assignment in a writing course.
    In his essay, which he said was inspired by the 1984 Van Halen hit "Hot for Teacher," he wrote about his first impressions of his professor, Pamela Mitzelfeld, describing her as "tall, blonde, stacked, smart, articulate."

Link to the story:
    http://news.yahoo.com/hot-teacher-es...-abc-news.html

I wonder how many guys who are in their 40s and 50s (and were glued to MTV in 1984) have scoured the internet today looking for pictures of the Oakland U professor who was the subject of the journal essay?

And for the less industrious members of this board too lazy to look it up but wondering about it: here's the link to the youtube.com video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyMQLrnbBgE

Re: Hot for Teacher

TransAmBison: You're assigned picture duties. Get to work!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I wonder how many guys who are in their 40s and 50s (and were glued to MTV in 1984) have scoured the internet today looking for pictures of the Oakland U professor who was the subject of the journal essay?

Or if you're below 30 years of age, it takes less than 1 minute

Comment

Next question:

What does Kampe say about his colleague?

Comment

Next question:

What does Kampe say about his colleague?
          Probably something like "She can't drive left off the dribble, and her footwork is terrible."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Probably something like "She can't drive left off the dribble, and her footwork is terrible."
            You made me laugh out loud.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I doubt Kampe's ever been over to the English Department.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                I doubt Kampe's ever been over to the English Department.
                Bet he went there after the story broke.

Comment

Bet he went there after the story broke.
                  From his choice of language on the court I think the French Department is more like it.

Comment

The guy who wrote it was on the news tonight being interviewed in a panel type setting, news anchor, lawyer, author, newspaper editorialist, and him. only the editorialist, a female, found a problem with it. the author, a female, thought it was funny and had no problem with it, she was also tall and blond. the lawyer said it didn't go far enough for sexual harrassment and didn't agree with the penalty from the college, the news anchor non commital. the guy said that he asked repeatedly about boundries and what they could and could not write about. said they could write just about anything except explicit sex acts and such. the teacher was supposed to check the journal four times before being turned in for grades but never looked at it once. said if she would have and objected he would have changed it. he's married, wife read it and didn't object. he has also written for the school paper and may have written some thing the school didnt like. No reps from OU were on the program but were invited to attend.

Comment

Working...
                    X