Kindle Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle Fire

Anyone have a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking of getting one. Would like to know what owners think of them.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Kindle Fire

I got one coming in the mail (fire), with a kindle touch. I would say if you want just a reader the standard readers provide a better experience (better contrast, battery life, and are lighter). Amazon has excellent cust. service and return policies. I am getting both and going to return the one I don't want (for me, likely the fire), I suggest you might try the same.

Comment

I honestly don't even know why I want one.

I've never been interested in any of today's technology (ipods, ipads, smartphones, nooks, kindles) in the slightest, except for the Kindle Fire.

My mom is getting one so I'll have to play with hers and see I guess.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Well, you have until the end of the month to fall into amazon's holiday shipping policy (free both ways). Just thought I'd let you know is all.
        With the fire you could root it for other options too if you would wish. info is readily available about rooting with a simple Google search

Comment

Picked up a Nook Color for my father for Christmas because in checking reviews there were compaints that the Kindle Fire tended to drop Wifi connections. Other than that the reviews listed them as largely equivalent.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I have a Nook Color and I love it. I thought about getting the Fire, but I have an issue with a device I cannot control the content on a device I pay for. The latest update 6.2 removed root access. I am waiting for a reader that can do color AND e ink, but more than likely I will be upgrading to the Nook tablet.
            Last edited by FeistyRedheadAZ; 12-21-2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: I shouldn't post after midnight LOL

Comment

Fire is the ultimate Kindle. All the reviews I have seen make it clear that it is not a $199 iPad. I love my iPad (Kindle app is great on it) and use it for everything. That said, if I didn't have an iPad, I'd consider the Fire. Amazon has a solid device there and with software updates it'll just get better.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
              X