Former Rodeo members can you answer this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Rodeo members can you answer this

Watching the PRCA rodeo on GAC and I noticed in the team roping event that the calves are wearing headgear for what? To protect their little heads from rope burn? What? I know its making the head roper miss and causing alot of no scores. Are we becoming that big of a pc nation? Whats next, neck braces for the calves, body pads for the steers in steer wrestling and helmets for the cows? Cups for the bulls? Is nothing sacred anymore.

Re: Former Rodeo members can you answer this

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Watching the PRCA rodeo on GAC and I noticed in the team roping event that the calves are wearing headgear for what? To protect their little heads from rope burn? What? I know its making the head roper miss and causing alot of no scores. Are we becoming that big of a pc nation? Whats next, neck braces for the calves, body pads for the steers in steer wrestling and helmets for the cows? Cups for the bulls? Is nothing sacred anymore.
    To prevent rope burns and reduce the risk of a horn breaking when roped. Also for longevity of the calves.
    Last edited by jacks1; 12-05-2011, 08:05 PM.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I think it has to do with injuries both for the steer and the cowboy, apparently this makes sure the rope doesn't slip or catch or something. I'm not really sure if there were that many problems before hand but that is what I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        To prevent rope burns and reduce the risk of a horn breaking when roped. Also for longevity of the calves.
        http://www.nrsworld.com/horn-wraps.html
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Who cares? Those things look awesome! Like the calves are all on the same team! I agree, I think you do everything you can to protect your calves, I hear they are worth money or something.....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Who cares? Those things look awesome! Like the calves are all on the same team! I agree, I think you do everything you can to protect your calves, I hear they are worth money or something.....
            Yeah like a buck fifty to seventy five a pound. Veal makes my mouth water.

Comment

Working...
            X