Millipede invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millipede invasion

Wife told me she found a few millipedes in the house today. I didn't think too much of it. We live on an acreage and there are lots of different critters.

Just a bit ago after returning from the hospital I took my lab out to do a little retrieving work and damn man! There are literally hundreds of millipedes on the driveway/basketball court. Its like an infantry of millipedes and they all seem to be headed toward the house. Needless to say my kids think its neat, my wife not so much. I suspect I'll be calling the pest control guy if more of them find there way inside. Anybody else experience a millipede invasion before?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Millipede invasion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZnc...831DE2884D9FE9

Skip ahead to like 1:17 or so... If it's that bad, I'd suggest burning down the house and moving on.

Comment

Do you have compost piles near your house?
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Do you have compost piles near your house?
        Several, which is exactly where I expect these guys came from and where they will probably go back to. I'm just surprised they decided to march last night.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This year we had I think they are called silver fish bugs. Danged if I know. Sort of like big ant only uglier. Been all over the house. Kitchen bathrooms and all over down stairs. I think they like water but never had them before around here. Live in sioux falls and was a wet enough spring our basement got a little water in it a few times.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            This year we had I think they are called silver fish bugs. Danged if I know. Sort of like big ant only uglier. Been all over the house. Kitchen bathrooms and all over down stairs. I think they like water but never had them before around here. Live in sioux falls and was a wet enough spring our basement got a little water in it a few times.
            ...could be a househould centipede...we've had issues with those. Totally harmless, but they are UGLY!

http://www.google.com/search?q=house...2&ved=0CDoQsAQ
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Cooler weather got them looking for warmer places?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hmmmm, you live in Yankton, and so far you've had the flood, now a plague of millipedes, whats next on the path to Armaggeddon?

Comment

Paint your doorway and hide your first born!
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    Hmmmm, you live in Yankton, and so far you've had the flood, now a plague of millipedes, whats next on the path to Armaggeddon?
                    Better than Pierre, where we have had the flood, an earthquake and a cricket invasion.

Comment

Working...
                    X