Less interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less interesting

I've just read Jack4Life's post on the column in the USD Volante (student newspaper) in the "Interesting" thread. I had to chuckle. Once a year some student gets the bright idea about reviving throwing dead animals on the floor under the guise of "school spirit".

Anyway, perhaps a little less interesting, is a comparison one can make about new student residence halls at USD and SDSU. From The Volante, a story telling about mixed reviews on the new Coyote Village. Compare that to the new Jackrabbit Village...

I understand the new Jackrabbit Village dorms (can they be called a dorm?) have gone over very well, are full (412 capacity), and students are happy with them. Compare that to the new Coyote Village at USD (now in its third semester of operation, room for 548 students). The Volante story about the Coyote Village indicates students have mixed opinions, construction quality is poor, and a school administrator says low occupancy was expected for its first three years (!!!--wow, we have people in day rooms due to overcrowding).

Here's the story in The Volante: LINK

For you Jackrabbits who haven't been on campus this year to see the new Jackrabbit Village, here's a link to some pictures etc. on the website of the architects.: JACKRABBIT VILLAGE.

Re: Less interesting

The four-story, 175-unit complex, which is capable of housing up to 548 students, won't reach maximum occupancy for at least a year and half, said Philip Covington, associate dean of students.
    I can't imagine such a thing happening on the SDSU campus. We're growing so fast that there would have been a waiting list before the thing opened up . . .

Somebody in the know correct me here, but my impression is the first-semester occupancy rates of new residence halls on the SDSU campus is, well, really, really high.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Less interesting

I think last fall it was over 104%. All day rooms and some of the Learning Community Coordinators were asked to have roommates. Next step would have been RA's.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
      X