Shooting victim Has ties to MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting victim Has ties to MLB

The very young girl Christie Green is the granddaughter of Dallas Green former GM of Chicago Cubs and manager of the Philadelphia Phillies. I just learned that this morning while watching the today show. Her father was on the show and until they mentioned grandpa Dallas I had no idea that father was Dallas's son.

Her dream it was reported was to become the first MLB woman player. Since her father is in the LA Dodgers scounting system, this dream had possibliities.

Christie seemed like a can do girl at the age of nine. Its so sad that her life ended in the fashion it did.

I was looking back for a thread about MLB players who played in SD but I could not find it and maybe was not looking in the right place. Or maybe I am imagining something that never existed on this board.

Dallas has ties to South Dakota in that he played either in the Northern League or the Basin League. I believe he has come back to hunt pheasants a time or too.

Re: Shooting victim Has ties to MLB

I did find some minor league stats on Dallas Green and he pitched for the Huron Phillies in 1967-69.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...m.cgi?id=20605

Seems like he mentioned in one of the Chicago Cub broadcast that he had played for Huron and went back there from time to time to hunt pheasants. I guess he was a better manager than a picture. His states at Huron are not that great.

Comment

Working...
    X