TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV

TV has made some comments during the last 2 week's of live chats talking about people being on his case about some stuff. Anyone have a clue what he's talking about?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: TV

I was wondering the same thing.

Bisonville and USD fans like to call him a homer, but I think that's in good fun and they're just jealous of the coverage he does for SDSU.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I sense that some of his colleagues at the Argus think he should be more excited about the SDSU -USD rivalry happening again. TV has more of a D1 mentality rather than longing for the old D2 days like some other writers there seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I sense that some of his colleagues at the Argus think he should be more excited about the SDSU -USD rivalry happening again. TV has more of a D1 mentality rather than longing for the old D2 days like some other writers there seem to be.

I really hope that's not the case. Who cares? It will add an extra game to the schedule that will maybe bring in some extra cash but the point is to get to playoffs, not just one game. Anyways, the USD stuff has been rehashed on here over and over and I don't want to start another thread on it.

But anyone else have any idea? I could see the homer thing from other writers but he's really been ripping into State lately for the play of the football team and what he thinks the basketball teams will do this winter.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, and thought it had something to do with the whole not going to the BSC thing for USD being announced on this board first. Zimmer made a mention as to it on his twitter... BUT that is just my take.

This board has almost always had inside info.. and I'm guessing the media types read and acknowledge that.. but TV being the quality journalist that he is does not print such "I have it on good word from my source" but might talk about it around the office... also I would bet those posters that have that info may be sending TV direct msgs.. but again he won't print stuff that he can't substantiate from a official source

I also think he get's crap at the office from ppl because we like him so much and make that known...

again, just my speculation

I think it also may have been a stab @KSFY as that was mentioned somewhere too...

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            TV has more of a D1 mentality rather than longing for the old D2 days like some other writers there seem to be.
            If only USD was Division 1 and not Division 2. Then everyone could have a "D1 mentality" and still be fine with playing USD. Alas, it is just a dream made of pipes.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              If only USD was Division 1 and not Division 2. Then everyone could have a "D1 mentality" and still be fine with playing USD. Alas, it is just a dream made of pipes.
              Does "D1 mentality" make us mental giants?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Guys, I'm 99% sure it's the high school parents. I talk to the Argus guys on a near weekly basis and we've talked about how brutal the parents can be and how it's at EVERY game.

I don't think Stu gets crap at the Argus for his work for SDSU. From what I know he's very respected down there from the rest of the staff.

As for Bisonville and USD giving him crap for being a homer. That makes zero sense. He's not an SDSU fan, but, he is the beatwriter...and a rational one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  Guys, I'm 99% sure it's the high school parents. I talk to the Argus guys on a near weekly basis and we've talked about how brutal the parents can be and how it's at EVERY game.

I don't think Stu gets crap at the Argus for his work for SDSU. From what I know he's very respected down there from the rest of the staff.

As for Bisonville and USD giving him crap for being a homer. That makes zero sense. He's not an SDSU fan, but, he is the beatwriter...and a rational one at that.
                  High school parents? Can you elaborate a little more?

And I think you need to expect that he's going to be a little bit of a homer. The guy covers SDSU athletics year round. Zim likes USF and Augie and I'm sure he is partly bias too. Its natural and Terry does a great job of not taking it too far. He's still able to step back and really tell it how it is and I apprrciate that. He does a great job and people who think otherwise are just jealous of SDSU for having him.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post

In one of his live blogs from the O'Gorman fb playoff games I thought he mentioned something about getting some guff.

Comment

Working...
                    X