Shop Space in Brookings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Space in Brookings?

This is an extremely random question, but I really don't know where else to ask...

Basically I need space to work on a project that involves lots of metal work - cutting, welding, etc. Since I live in an apartment in Brookings, the project has been stored at my parent's home since I started school, and I really don't get much time to work on it since it's a bit of a drive.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I can bring all of my own tools, I just need the space. I would be willing to spend a little bit of money to rent, but obviously not too much because I am on a college budget. Any ideas/suggestions/offers would be appreciated.

Re: Shop Space in Brookings?

What is your welding situation? Do you need a 220V line?

Also, how long would you be looking to lease or be working on the project? You might be able to lease a cheap shed, out-building, or even a storage shed for less then a year but heating and 220V would be an issue.

I would recommend taking out a "space wanted" classified ad in the newspaper to see if anyone has some spare space in their buidling or a 3rd stall in a garage. Classified ads are pretty cheap. I will ask a couple of developers and see if they have any ideas or know of any small spaces. Most small spaces aren't advertised much so there might be something there but I'm not aware of any right now.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
      What is your welding situation? Do you need a 220V line?

Also, how long would you be looking to lease or be working on the project? You might be able to lease a cheap shed, out-building, or even a storage shed for less then a year but heating and 220V would be an issue.

I would recommend taking out a "space wanted" classified ad in the newspaper to see if anyone has some spare space in their buidling or a 3rd stall in a garage. Classified ads are pretty cheap. I will ask a couple of developers and see if they have any ideas or know of any small spaces. Most small spaces aren't advertised much so there might be something there but I'm not aware of any right now.
      I don't need a 220V line, as my little MIG welder runs on 120V. I would be looking to rent out a spot for at least a few months at a time, but I am flexible with that. Anything would be better than nothing. As for heat, I do have a portable propane and kerosene heater I can bring.

It hadn't even occurred to me to take out an ad in the newspaper, but that sure might be something to try.

Comment

I would put it in the "Shopper" that is sent out to the surrounding area. There probably are a number of farmers nearby that would have a nice area for you to work in. Space may be cheaper to offset travel costs.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

A college age student had not thought to take out an ad in a newspaper.

Marketing people, are you listening?

Comment

Working...
          X