Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD loses in CIT.

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Let's not get out the anointing oil just yet. You do realize that USD never beat a team with an RPI over 300 on the road. The two signature wins for USD this year were played on a neutral site. USD did not beat a team with an RPI over 300 at home either.
    Over the past four seasons NDSU has played 19 teams with an RPI of 300 or higher, USD has played 17 this year.

Boots hasn't proven much, but it could be worse for Yote fans. You could be like UND who has a budding rivalry with NJIT...

http://www.areavoices.com/gfsports/?blog=73257

Comment

I did not see that game on TV, did I miss something or was it blackout to get people to attend?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Let's not get out the anointing oil just yet. You do realize that USD never beat a team with an RPI over 300 on the road. The two signature wins for USD this year were played on a neutral site. USD did not beat a team with an RPI over 300 at home either.
        They had two signature wins? Are we talking Texas A&M CC and Binghampton? I'll give them CC since they are under 200 in RPI, but Binghampton? I think the "Yotes" fans are in for a surprise when they actually begin playing in the Summit. I believe Boots is well aware but the fans are in for a shock. As for the Creighton game. I think CF has been drinking the red kool-aid again.

Comment

Seems to me that USD competed well for much of the game with a middle-of-the-pack Valley team. Sure, they were down almost 20 at a couple of times, but they certainly weren't embarrassed.

Next year, though, will be interesting. Lots of senior leadership gone. Boots seems to like going the juco route, but that's always a crap shoot. Could be a tough year. I'm assuming their schedule is better next year. Let's be honest: It was very weak this year.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Coyotes' days of benefitting from D-1 transfer/trickle-downs like Smith are probably over, too. The trickle-downs probably will go to D-11 schools like Augie. The Coyotes (like the Jacks) will be challenged year to year to keep some of their own players. Which raises a question about Tetzlaff, who got suspended late in the season. Will he be back for the Coyotes next year?
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              The Coyotes' days of benefitting from D-1 transfer/trickle-downs like Smith are probably over, too. The trickle-downs probably will go to D-11 schools like Augie. The Coyotes (like the Jacks) will be challenged year to year to keep some of their own players. Which raises a question about Tetzlaff, who got suspended late in the season. Will he be back for the Coyotes next year?
              Good point on the D1 transfers who have helped Boots Career way back to guys like Shane Murphy and a few others along the way. I hesitate to speculate on Tetzlaff but apparently someone is unhappy about something. Will Tetzlaff be back? Its hard to say. No one is talking on the Coyote board either about this matter, but maybe it takes more than this to get a stir out the few posters other than CF.

Comment

What happened? I hadn't heard that.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Which raises a question about Tetzlaff, who got suspended late in the season. Will he be back for the Coyotes next year?
                  My uneducated, uninformed opinion is that we will see Tetzlaff in a NSU or DWU uniform next season.

The rumor I heard is underage, resisting arrest, false impersonation type stuff. It would probably be overlooked/slapped on the wrist if he were a budding superstar. If USD feels he doesn't have that potential, it would be the perfect opportunity for USD to cut ties without losing credibility with future recruits.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                  X