Bizun about to finish 11-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bizun about to finish 11-18

And a first person account from rowdy row, courtesy of B-Ville this morning:

Holy **** was I hung over this morning. The guy in the yellow shirt was indeed myself, the gang I was with managed to hook up with Sav, Hando, Ming, SD, Burgundy, LAKES and Slick and I got pushed right to the front. The case of foamy beers I took down before the game kicked in right around 8:30 and we were dancing like fools within the first minute.

Sav made sure to tell me about every five minutes that he couldn't see straight, and all I could do was laugh. Had a great time getting in ORU's face and almost being on the cusp of a big Bison upset. Hell of a thing to lose both games by 1 in overtime but you have to think that was a gutsy performance.

All in all had a fun trip, got to hang out with some cool people (and a few of those IUPUI chicks in the hot tub back at the hotel ) and had a blast catching some great basketball. T-minus 6 months and counting!

Comment

Truly, they are kings among men.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        After watching these 15 moron NDSU fans once again last night I think there is a serious case of Inbreeding going on up in the Fargo area. I'm fairly certain not one of them are in college and I know for a fact that a couple of them are in their mid-30's.

Grow the f... up. Drunk and stupid is not a good way to go through your life, especially when you're 37 years old!!
        Those NDSU fans you speak are some of the most vocal posters on Bisonville.

Comment

I'll admit it, I cheered for the Bison last night, even out loud at times, ouch. I'll also given their drunken endzone fans credit. They don't give up, even down 14 in the second half. Take some note zipper-lipped fans, you don't have to be drunken, profanity laced loud, but cheering your team, even in times of seeming doom, can be a great 6th man.

I won't cheer for ORU at all, ever. Exceptions include if they make the NCAA's and after Udot joins the conference.

Comment

I wanted to repeat this post from another thread: As much as you think NDSU historically sucks in mens hoops, this season was actually one of our worst in the past 38 years. Since 1972, NDSU only has had 5 losing seasons, including this year. Most of us Bison fans knew before the season began that this year was going to be a toughie. 11-18 is not common for NDSU as you like to think. We replace basically half our roster next year. Coleman and Felt will be back from injuries, We get at least three big recruits in Williams, Bjorklund and Wright, and Taylor Braun takes off his redshirt. If Jay Harris comes to NDSU, look out. I don't expect us to do worse than .500 next year. We will be a LOT better team in 2011. Will we make the dance?? Maybe not, but we'll give a better showing.

SDSU fans can bash our 2010 team all they want on this thread, that's fine, cause we sucked this year. But to think that this is what it will always be for NDSU is just, I'm sorry to say, retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
              SDSU fans can bash our 2010 team all they want on this thread, that's fine, cause we sucked this year. But to think that this is what it will always be for NDSU is just, I'm sorry to say, retarded.
              I actually haven't bashed the NDSU team at all this year (which is a shocker I bet). The only thing associated with NDSU I will admit bashing are the idiot fans (and that isn't all NDSU fans, just the ones who think they are the main attraction to a game).
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                I wanted to repeat this post from another thread: As much as you think NDSU historically sucks in mens hoops, this season was actually one of our worst in the past 38 years. Since 1972, NDSU only has had 5 losing seasons, including this year. Most of us Bison fans knew before the season began that this year was going to be a toughie. 11-18 is not common for NDSU as you like to think. We replace basically half our roster next year. Coleman and Felt will be back from injuries, We get at least three big recruits in Williams, Bjorklund and Wright, and Taylor Braun takes off his redshirt. If Jay Harris comes to NDSU, look out. I don't expect us to do worse than .500 next year. We will be a LOT better team in 2011. Will we make the dance?? Maybe not, but we'll give a better showing.

This thread was started expressly in response to the chortling and gloating on B-Ville about the Jacks losing in the first round. Probably from some of the same "fans" that griped last year when not every Jackrabbit fan in Sioux Falls in the tournament was cheering for the Mighty Bizun.
                Finally, everything you said could be said about the Jacks, even moreso. We have a pretty good basketball history ourselves.

Comment

I was not sad to see NDSU lose. the drunk ndsu fans in section T were awful to sit by. Most in the section were trying to enjoy a good game but im sure most were thinking like i was about how much we hated those guys. They kept asking where filbert was, atleast glad they had a quick trip and didnt have see them again.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I was not sad to see NDSU lose. the drunk ndsu fans in section T were awful to sit by. Most in the section were trying to enjoy a good game but im sure most were thinking like i was about how much we hated those guys. They kept asking where filbert was, atleast glad they had a quick trip and didnt have see them again.
                    Some people's kids . . . sigh . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My father, brother and I, on the other hand, had several good conversations with a couple great Bison fans. Both at the arena, and at Famous Dave's.

Remember, they're not all drunken, crazy and obnoxious.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        My father, brother and I, on the other hand, had several good conversations with a couple great Bison fans. Both at the arena, and at Famous Dave's.

Remember, they're not all drunken, crazy and obnoxious.
                        I met some great bunny fans last weekend. I think a few of them are on here too. Most were just concerned with who lakesbison was, where they could find him, and how old he was. haha

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          They kept asking where filbert was...
                          If you can see Filbert, Filbert can see you... If you can't see Filbert, you could be moments away from death!
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            If you can see Filbert, Filbert can see you... If you can't see Filbert, you could be moments away from death!
                            That would more accurately apply to Snookums, actually . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Funny this is brought up.

A guy sat in front of us during the tournament and having seen a few pictures of Filbert I thought this guy looked pretty close to what I remembered Filbert looking like. For the first two days of the tournament, I wondered, "could I really be sitting behind the Great Filbert? Nah...can't be."

Finally, on the third day, I had to find out......I tap him on the shoulder...."hey, do you happen to live in Missouri, perhaps the KC area?"

*funny look*

"nope" he said awkwardly, "right here in Sioux Falls"

"oh, ok, you looked familiar, nevermind."

*awkward.....*
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting he and his wife at a get together before a Royals game several years ago. They were sitting by some old friends from Lone Jack. I had taken a picture but with his magnitism he wiped out the negative. Was across the street from him at the Hobo Day parade last fall according to his pictures.

I keep waiting for the smoke to part and for him appearing some day. Kinda like a "will o the whisp" guy if you know what I mean!

I can see why the Bizun want to meet Filbert, but I can't for the life of me see why any of us would want to spend time with Lakes! (I did stop at the waste water plant in Detroit Lakes last summer to meet Lakes but he was out removing a stopage!) I'll check again on July 4th, I understand he likes the double time.

Comment

Working...
                                X