• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied
    Re: USD's Title as Best Team in the Dakotas Secured

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I appreciate FargoB's contributions to the board. Reasonable posts, overall. On the other hand, anything from CF can pretty much be dismissed a laughable drivel. As this thread proves once again.
    Exactly, or as the younguns say ^^^^THIS (I think)

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I appreciate FargoB's contributions to the board. Reasonable posts, overall. On the other hand, anything from CF can pretty much be dismissed a laughable drivel. As this thread proves once again.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    can they do that?
    Well, not after next year . . .

Leave a comment:

• zooropa
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    It would be a bit like if SDSU scheduled 12 or 13 straight games against Centenary.
    can they do that?

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Hey, I am not trying to make NDSU's season sound any better(it was bad by any standard), but if we could fatten up on 300+ RPI teams...there is no way we would be sitting at 11 wins. The Yotes are in for a wake-up call, I remember our first year in the Summit we went 10-8 and we struggled mightily at times(especially on the road).

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Yeah, i was doing that tongue in cheek thing - mostly, though it would have made it a lot better if they could have come with something more than rookie minor league smack. But that's what you get from an 11-18 team and another that thinks it's conquered D-1 by beating up on 20 NJITs in a row.
    Go Jacks!
    Maybe when the winner of the Great West basketball tournament gets the win in the first round of the Big Dance. Wha? Oh...my mistake...

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Yes.

This way we get to laugh hysterically at their pathetic attempts to justify themselves. On the other hand we know we didn't have a very good season by historical SDSU standards, but we're on the upswing for the most part. The Bizun have come crashing to earth after an uncharacteristic good run in men's basketball, and the Mangydogs are still floating blissfully and ignorantly above that same harsh D-I landscape by padding their schedule with really, really, really, really bad D-I teams. It would be a bit like if SDSU scheduled 12 or 13 straight games against Centenary. That kind of thing. The USD people think that's what D-I is. They will discover the truth soon enough, and it will be fun to watch when it happens.

The other difference is that we actually kinda like the Bizun guys, mostly. Actually, we like a goodly number of the Mangydog fans, too--posters so far on this thread excepted, unfortunately.

Yeah, i was doing that tongue in cheek thing - mostly, though it would have made it a lot better if they could have come with something more than rookie minor league smack. But that's what you get from an 11-18 team and another that thinks it's conquered D-1 by beating up on 20 NJITs in a row.
    Go Jacks!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Is there ANY reason for Fargo Bison and Coyote Fan - followers of two sub-par teams - to be talking sophomoric trash on this site right now?

Moderators, this is a gross violation of standards.

Jacks forever.
    Yes.

This way we get to laugh hysterically at their pathetic attempts to justify themselves. On the other hand we know we didn't have a very good season by historical SDSU standards, but we're on the upswing for the most part. The Bizun have come crashing to earth after an uncharacteristic good run in men's basketball, and the Mangydogs are still floating blissfully and ignorantly above that same harsh D-I landscape by padding their schedule with really, really, really, really bad D-I teams. It would be a bit like if SDSU scheduled 12 or 13 straight games against Centenary. That kind of thing. The USD people think that's what D-I is. They will discover the truth soon enough, and it will be fun to watch when it happens.

The other difference is that we actually kinda like the Bizun guys, mostly. Actually, we like a goodly number of the Mangydog fans, too--posters so far on this thread excepted, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Ha, ha, ha, he-he, ha, ha! ... The logic coming from CF cracks me up. I guess Kansas is fortunate that the Yoties are ineligible for the Big Dance. ... He-he-he, ha, ha! ... Oakland, or whoever wins the Summit men's tourney, would bury the Yoties by 30 points, minimum. The Yoties are probably the third best team in SD, behind SDSU and Augie and just ahead of DWU.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Can we get USD to the Summit starting next year? I think that Centenary could really use someone to give them a game now and then.

Leave a comment:

• Hammersmith
    replied

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    How about because of the arrogance of a good number of Jackrodent fans that feel they are the best thing to ever happen to the world. A bit of reality stings especially since your elder brother is about to finish their conference run at 11-1. Just look at the ratings, because they actually do take strength of schedule into account. I know these types of losses to IPFW are really not that big of a deal since they are such commonplace. I guess maybe I shouldn't of come and smacked since I should have known better to be used to this by now. My bad.
    Okay, I'll look at the ratings. Sagarin puts USD behind SDSU, 234 to 219. Pomeroy even puts NDSU ahead of USD; SDSU-214/NDSU-242/USD-260. I guess some people like to only use the facts that back up their case and conveniently ignore the rest.

NDSU/USD would be a dogfight this year, but SDSU would win at least 7 of 10 vs USD.

Leave a comment:

• Coyote_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    RPI...
    USD-224
    HBU-331
    UND-338
    UVU-340
    NJIT-341
    CSU-344
    UTPA-337

USD is irrelevant, call me when you join a real conference. 12 of your wins are against teams with an RPI above 300...
    That puts USD at 4th in the Summit right now only behind Oakland, IUPUI and Oral Roberts. IPFW might have moved ahead of USD lately but last I checked the Yotes would still have been 4th in the Summit.

Leave a comment:

• Coyote_Fan
    replied

Is there ANY reason for Fargo Bison and Coyote Fan - followers of two sub-par teams - to be talking sophomoric trash on this site right now?

Jacks forever.
    How about because of the arrogance of a good number of Jackrodent fans that feel they are the best thing to ever happen to the world. A bit of reality stings especially since your elder brother is about to finish their conference run at 11-1. Just look at the ratings, because they actually do take strength of schedule into account. I know these types of losses to IPFW are really not that big of a deal since they are such commonplace. I guess maybe I shouldn't of come and smacked since I should have known better to be used to this by now. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Jacks forever.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    First of all that is an inaccurate statement. Secondly your team is even worse than USD and SDSU. After a lucky 3 year run NDSU is well on the way back to the level of UND battling for North Dakota state supremacy with Mayville and Minot State. Throw Mary in there and it's quite a battle for the championship of North Dakota.
    RPI...
    USD-224
    HBU-331
    UND-338
    UVU-340
    NJIT-341
    CSU-344
    UTPA-337

USD is irrelevant, call me when you join a real conference. 12 of your wins are against teams with an RPI above 300...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X