Bison stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison stew

They sure did fill the metrodome though, gotta admit that, like the gopher football game. goon & 1bunnies, lots of talk for never making it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I heard that the campus police are going to block off the road outside Frost at halftime during the men's game. They are really concerned about the NDSU fans that are leaving the game.
      Sure they wouldn't just be heading for the outdoor toilets?

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
        They sure did fill the metrodome though, gotta admit that, like the gopher football game. goon & 1bunnies, lots of talk for never making it.
        The SDSU women won their first game at the NCAA Big Dance last year. In fact, it was a blow-out victory. That's a level of success no other basketball team from the Dakotas has experienced.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Yes they did fill it. But, the NCAA doesn't recognize egos as a way to count attendance.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Just stating FACT. They were LOSERS in their tourney run. They didnt fill the metrodome, Kansas did.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Just stating FACT. They were LOSERS in their tourney run. They didnt fill the metrodome, Kansas did.
              You're kidding right? As someone who was there I can tell you it wasn't close, NDSU fans by a very wide margin. A win would have been wonderful but it was a great experience. I'll take the one and done in the Big Dance rather than a one win run in the side show although I would complain about that either. At the end of the day aren't there 64 losers when all is said and done, so what's your point about calling a very good Bison team losers? Is that supposed to be smack?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                The SDSU women won their first game at the NCAA Big Dance last year. In fact, it was a blow-out victory. That's a level of success no other basketball team from the Dakotas has experienced.
                Lets not compare women's basketball to men's, they are two very different beasts.

About all that can be said is that each has had some great accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  Lets not compare women's basketball to men's, they are two very different beasts.

About all that can be said is that each has had some great accomplishments.
                  Yes they are and SDSU is at or near the top of the Summit League in both. NDSU is at or near the bottom half of the Summit League in both.

Comment

Your mens team got there first, kudos, but you wont be getting there next. Our women were 1 bad call away from making the round of 16, deny it all you want but you would be trying to brag all you could if you women actually were able to amount to anything besides middle of the confrence finish. oh yeah nice mens game against UMKC last week.

Its a new year and the only thing NDSU can brag about was what it did last year. Face it, all 3 major sports we are your master and you are struggling to keep your heads above water before you plummet all your sports to the bottom of both football and basketball confrences. Hope you can enjoy your mens team from last year, because your not going to be able to enjoy anything in the 3 big sports for a long time too come.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bison fans travel well to big games. Got to give them that. I hope a lot of them travel to Brookings on Saturday for a routine double-header and then to Sioux Falls in March for the conference tournament. ... Feed the economy. Feed your inner rabbit.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Good luck defending your first and probably only mens basketball title for quite some time. how far did your womens team make it in the NCAA tourney? Props for what your men did last year, im not a betin man but im betin they aint doing it again this year.
                        i would bet we aint doing it either. but i was actually cheering for your womens team in the tourney, a lot of terrible calls vs. baylor. i think our team will be back in the dance within the next few seasons. we have some good recruits coming in. but then again i'm biased

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          there was about 15,000 bison fans there. probably 2,000 KU fans

Comment

Face it, all 3 major sports we are your master and you are struggling to keep your heads above water before you plummet all your sports to the bottom of both football and basketball confrences. Hope you can enjoy your mens team from last year, because your not going to be able to enjoy anything in the 3 big sports for a long time too come.
                            Even if you do beat us on Saturday you will still not be our master in mens basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                              Even if you do beat us on Saturday you will still not be our master in mens basketball.
                              In time my furry and once nearly extinct friend, in time. In 2 weeks I'm headed to a friends ranch to shoot a buffalo, I'll take pictures. Shoot it, skin it, quarter it and haul it home for processing, I call that a good day.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                                At least in Fargo I can go out to a restaurant that serves more than just burgers and fries, unlike Brookings, where your best restaurant is some bland burger place. And where the hell do all your students hang out on the weekends, Lowe's and Wal-Mart???

Living in Brookings = Slow Brain Death
                                I guess the Mill's Fleet Farm and seventeen truck stops has put Fargo over the edge - as far as quality of life goes compared to Brookings.

In reality, a more dynamic 'ghetto' type atmosphere has paid great dividends for the Cass County Judicial system & biZon recruiting efforts. I'll take bland, slow, brain death - raise my kids out of the ghetto or flood zone - depending on which part of fArgo you live in, in a quality community - however S...L...O...W a pace of life it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X