Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revisions on rivalry?

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    BTW: You need add "dog" to your signature, I think.
    Apparently I can't be taught a new trick and/or am a stupid dog.
    Thanks

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I personnally can't wait for the boos when USD hits the floor. Their team will feel the power of Jackrabbit Nation and its been awhile since I have felt the feeling I always got when they came to Frost. The incoming USD team will experience an atmosphrere like no other in there short college basketball careers. Even if its short lived until USD can become competitive so be it. I will for one enjoy the moment of being there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
        I personnally can't wait for the boos when USD hits the floor. Their team will feel the power of Jackrabbit Nation and its been awhile since I have felt the feeling I always got when they came to Frost. The incoming USD team will experience an atmosphrere like no other in there short college basketball careers. Even if its short lived until USD can become competitive so be it. I will for one enjoy the moment of being there.
        Maybe we should have this same mentality when the conference leaders come to town. Why just reserve it for U dot?
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Maybe we should have this same mentality when the conference leaders come to town. Why just reserve it for U dot?
          Now thats showing maturity. Bravo and good luck in disrupting the visitors, I doubt it will have huge impact, but if it makes you feel better go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Now thats showing maturity. Bravo and good luck in disrupting the visitors, I doubt it will have huge impact, but if it makes you feel better go for it.
            I just don't see why the U should only get the loud boos.

Would you prefer that we offer them polite applause and perhaps some type of fruit basket in the locker room? Maybe the junior jacks could carry their equiptment bags to the bus after the game.

I understand that people cannot wait to lay it on the Coyotes, all I am saying is that we should try to disrupt the folks that have and immediate impact on out postseason goal.

Comment

I just don't see why the U should only get the loud boos.

Would you prefer that we offer them polite applause and perhaps some type of fruit basket in the locker room? Maybe the junior jacks could carry their equiptment bags to the bus after the game.

I understand that people cannot wait to lay it on the Coyotes, all I am saying is that we should try to disrupt the folks that have and immediate impact on out postseason goal.
              Thank you those would fine gestures and I would indeed be pleased. I suppose I see this as just a bb game and those participants are people with friends and family like you and I. I think we can be loud and proud without being disrespectful.

Comment

Thank you those would fine gestures and I would indeed be pleased. I suppose I see this as just a bb game and those participants are people with friends and family like you and I. I think we can be loud and proud without being disrespectful.
                I don't see booing a team as they run out as disrespectful. Now, if we decided to throw a golden grizzley bear on the court on Saturday, that would be disrespectful.

Comment

Are we still in Jr. High? They are adults, I'd hope they can handle the opposing team's crowd booing them.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I have to say it is DANG hard not to boo the WBB refs.

In fact, for me, most of the time, it's proved to be impossible.

Other than that, just not a fan of booing, taunting, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Are we still in Jr. High? They are adults, I'd hope they can handle the opposing team's crowd booing them.
                      Sometimes I think opposing teams like being booed, it is a way for them to get amped up as well (at least that is how I felt when playing on the road in high school).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Sometimes I think opposing teams like being booed, it is a way for them to get amped up as well (at least that is how I felt when playing on the road in high school).
                        That's why I've always advocated a hearty, cheerful "Hello there!" from the assembled crowd when the PA announcer says "Let's give a warm Jackrabbit welcome to (fill in the blank)."

It would be VERY, VERY different from what they do anywhere else, and might throw their concentration just enough to make a difference in a very close game.

Plus, it would be just dang friendly of us, wouldn't it?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          I have to say it is DANG hard not to boo the WBB refs.

In fact, for me, most of the time, it's proved to be impossible.

Other than that, just not a fan of booing, taunting, etc.
                          I think that there is a big difference between booing someone and taunting them, FWIW.

I guess my overall point is that we, as a crowd, need to do more to make Frost the home court advantage it can be. Seems like there are many more lulls in the crowd this year than the past.

Comment

I guess my overall point is that we, as a crowd, need to do more to make Frost the home court advantage it can be. Seems like there are many more lulls in the crowd this year than the past.
                            Like many have stated before our crowd is much more of a reactive crowd (we need a big play to get going) than a proactive crowd (cheering loud before a big play occurs).

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              That's why I've always advocated a hearty, cheerful "Hello there!" from the assembled crowd when the PA announcer says "Let's give a warm Jackrabbit welcome to (fill in the blank)."
                              It would be VERY, VERY different from what they do anywhere else, and might throw their concentration just enough to make a difference in a very close game.
                              Plus, it would be just dang friendly of us, wouldn't it?
                              I like that idea. It's just weird and unexpected enough to become memorable and maybe a little unsettling. Perhaps the greeting could be customized from game to game, to reflect the opponent. Hello, Coyotes! Hello, Bison! etc.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Reality check. Players are on the floor to compete against each other for their respective teams. They don't care if they get booed or cheered. Playing in front of a partisan crowd that favors your team can be helpful. However, no athlete worth their scholarship is concerned about an opposing fan voicing a dislike for their team.

As for the excitement about USD. I embrace that I just hope there is an understanding that this game, this year, is of about as much importance to this years team as an exhibition game would be. In fact, I think the team is approaching it somewhat in that fashion. Coach Johnston and his staff will keep their focus on the Summit league teams and the post-season tourney while hosting USD and 6000 plus fans many that should have their butts in Frost for more important games but don't.

That said, I am concerned that I won't be making it to Brookings tomorrow. That is going to nearly kill me if it happens.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X