Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AWWA vs. USD

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    There is a much bigger obsession of USD right now by SDSU fans than anything. USD is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to SDSU and the Jackrabbit fans know it.
    I guess, in the sense that SDSU fans talk about USD more than USD fans do, you may be kinda correct.

But you have to admit that Vermillion's refusal to paint their fire hydrants national standard-compliant yellow and blue is pretty lame, right?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There is a much bigger obsession of USD right now by SDSU fans than anything. USD is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to SDSU and the Jackrabbit fans know it.
      Still delusional.

Comment

Please get indoors. Your pea sized brain has froze up.

Comment

. USD is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to SDSU and the Jackrabbit fans know it.

You mean an even bigger threat than yellow and blue fire hydrants?

Comment

Threatened by your what? Amazing football team? Your basketball success? Hmmm...
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Threatened by your what? Amazing football team? Your basketball success? Hmmm...
              Threatened by fire hydrants, perhaps . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Threatened by fire hydrants, perhaps . . .
                Actually, I wonder if that's a manifestation of some deeper psychological issue . . . hmm . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Actually, I wonder if that's a manifestation of some deeper psychological issue . . . hmm . . .
                  Now we're getting in pretty deep here. I may have to lay down on the couch.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Guess we Jacks fans better be prepared to smuggle our own condiments for hotdogs into the Dome. Yellow mustard could be the next banned substance in Vermillion.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Guess we Jacks fans better be prepared to smuggle our own condiments for hotdogs into the Dome. Yellow mustard could be the next banned substance in Vermillion.
                      Can you still buy dyed ketchup? I remember a few years back you could buy green, blue, purple Heinz. Maybe I could bring my own ketchup.

It would actually be cool for the concessions to offer blue ketchup for hot dogs.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I got a faded red Nebraska pull over in my closet used sometimes in early spring for walking.
                        I have bunch of Nebraska stuff. Comes in handy since I live an hour from Lincoln. Plus I have some high school stuff that is red and white (Arlington grad).

Though I do have to put up with my wife's USD stuff. A D-Days t-shirt and a green hoodie. I keep telling her that one day that stuff is going to disappear. Don't worry, she wised up and left for SDSU after semester at Udot. She has more SDSU stuff than USD.

Back on topic, I do find it funny that they would rather violate code than have something painted SDSU's colors. Obsessed much?

Comment

Have they repainted Brookings' fire hydrants? As I recall either SDSU's hydrants are red, and Brookings' yellow, or the other way around. I -think- they're on separate circuits.

BTW: Why yellow AND blue for a fire hydrant? I mean it's not like there are all these other stubby cast iron things sticking a couple feet out of the ground just off the curb.
                          Last edited by zooropa; 01-08-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Have they repainted Brookings' fire hydrants? As I recall either SDSU's hydrants are red, and Brookings' yellow, or the other way around.

BTW: Why yellow AND blue for a fire hydrant? I mean it's not like there are all these other stubby cast iron things sticking a couple feet out of the ground just off the curb.
                            The AWWA recommends the body of the hydrant be painted yellow for visibility, and the bonnet and caps be painted according to the flow rate of that particular hydrant. Blue indicates hydrants with a rate of 1500 GPM or greater. For less than 500 GPM, the bonnets and caps are painted red, 500-1000 GPM get orange, and 1000-1500 GPM get green. From the story, most or all of Vermillion's hydrants must be high-flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                              The AWWA recommends the body of the hydrant be painted yellow for visibility, and the bonnet and caps be painted according to the flow rate of that particular hydrant. Blue indicates hydrants with a rate of 1500 GPM or greater. For less than 500 GPM, the bonnets and caps are painted red, 500-1000 GPM get orange, and 1000-1500 GPM get green. From the story, most or all of Vermillion's hydrants must be high-flow.

They all better be High-flow...half the houses in that town are one good electricial spark from buring down.

I couldn't resist!

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                                No offense, but is there a particular reason why you know this?

BTW: I wonder how often flow rate comes into play....

Comment

Working...
                                X