Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes humbled again

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I was at the game, and USD led for approximately 37.5 minutes of the game. Very good game. Morehead played the first game of the NCAA's last year as seed #64 when they played the #65 seed. They won that game then proceeded to get pummeled by NC I think.

We need a couple more players off the bench to make a run at anyone.
    I was at the game too, my first USD game of the year and I was pretty impressed. Tyler Cain is one of the best basketball players I've ever watched at USD. His ability to come down with rebounds in traffic is uncanny. Like yote said, USD lacks depth. They can only go about 7 deep, and the guard play isn't that great. Louie Krogman looks very average but Jake Thomas, a freshman from Wisconsin, looked very good. It was a fun game to watch, but poor free throw shooting probably cost USD the game.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I see that attendance for USD's first-ever home game against an established D-1 team (Morehead) was 1,045. Granted, the SDSU men's basketball team hasn't been packing in big crowds, by any means. But only 1,045 for a game in Vermillion that's been years in the making? Underwhelming, to say the least.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I see that attendance for USD's first-ever home game against an established D-1 team (Morehead) was 1,045. Granted, the SDSU men's basketball team hasn't been packing in big crowds, by any means. But only 1,045 for a game in Vermillion that's been years in the making? Underwhelming, to say the least.
        Quick addendum, announced attendance was 1,045. Butts in seats likely less than that. I'm not saying I'm just saying. Before anyone gets upset, remember this is a smack thread.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Quick addendum, announced attendance was 1,045. Butts in seats likely less than that. I'm not saying I'm just saying. Before anyone gets upset, remember this is a smack thread.
          Hey Doc, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I wouldn't get upset either. There was not 1000 people there. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I'm sure the weather and the holidays had nothing to do with it.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              I'm sure the weather and the holidays had nothing to do with it.
              How many more people were at the UNI/SDSU WBB game?

SDSU might have had twice as many fans in attendance for a WBB game against a team they'd beaten twice before, than USD had for its first D-1 home game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                How many more people were at the UNI/SDSU WBB game?

SDSU might have had twice as many fans in attendance for a WBB game against a team they'd beaten twice before, than USD had for its first D-1 home game ever.
                I'm sure the weather and the holidays had nothing to do with it.....

Comment

There just is not an easy answer for getting butts in the seats forn any team that is in transition. You can get off to a good start as the women's bb team has and even still have empty seats. I would think USD men's program is much further along then then where SDSU was in year 2 of the transition. No doubt they had a quality opponent in Morehead State, but with students gone, roads being not in the best condition and cold weather, its hard to get people out. USD could have spent a lot of bucks on promotion and I dont think it would have had much affect. So as I started there is no easy answer, and yes I should be smacking here but I see no humor in the USD lack of attendence.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I'm sure the weather and the holidays had nothing to do with it.....
                    Just over 1,600 showed up for the SDSU women's game (he said, helpfully).
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

usd = d1 that doesnt seem right, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                        usd = d1 that doesnt seem right, sorry.
                        USD = Summit League (that's goofy sounding too)

USD = Bush League (now there's a league they can dominate)

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Is USD being in the Summit League as goofy or inappropriate as Centenary being in the Summit League? For Jacks fans that have a problem with USD being in the Summit are those fans proud to be in the Summit at all and if so are they proud to be in the same league as Centenary. I supposed it's a pridefull think to have Centenary or Missouri Kansas City being a good conference rival yet somehow USD isn't conference or D1 worthy. If USD isn't D1 worthy than a hundred other D1 programs probably aren't worthy either including SDSU.

The fact is that all 4 Dakota Universities are all D1 worthy. Probably not at the upper levels of D1 but somewhere in the middle to lower levels. Certainly worthy none the less. USD has D1 scholarship football so they should at least be as worthy as schools that don't or can't fund a football program.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            Is USD being in the Summit League as goofy or inappropriate as Centenary being in the Summit League?
                            Nope. USD is a HUGE upgrade over Centenary. No doubt.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Nope. USD is a HUGE upgrade over Centenary. No doubt.
                              Again, non-smacking in a smack thread. No more warning!

P.S. I agree.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So, your measuring stick in the transition is Centenary and UMKC? Reach for the stars Yote fans, reach for the stars.
                                Last edited by RabbitinTea; 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Working...
                                X