The Official Montana Smack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Montana Smack Thread

Unless Western State was a powerhouse team this year, Montana didn't play a very impressive schedule. SDSU played a tougher out-of-conference schedule, and I'd argue that the Missouri Valley is tougher overall, from top to bottom, than the Big Sky. In other words, Montana's 11-0 record is not all that impressive.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Bottom line with the schedule that Montana has played they don't know how good they really are. The Idaho State game really makes you wonder?

Comment

I'll put this here because I'm not sure where else to post on the Montana game with all of the threads going. A couple of observations:
        1. I played in the 1993 game at Montana. One that Montana fans should be thanking us for to this day. Why you ask - because SDSU showed up to play and absolutely handed it to the Griz to the point that back up QB Dave Dickinson was put in the game. Yes, the same Dave Dickinson that lead Montana to the promise land and got the program rolling in the right direction. You're welcome for making it necessary for the Savior Dave Dickinson having to play.
        2. Stig has been in the belly of the beast at Montana. Damn straight what happened there once won't happen again under his watch.
        3. I'm not one bit embarassed by the 1993 outcome. I expect the Real SDSU to show up this week, not the one that played SIU, and not the offense that showed up at Minnesota.
        4. If Griz fans are the same as they were 16 years ago SDSU fans will be treated very, very well. I heard more than one SDSU fan comment over the years on how Montana fans were very welcoming. Maybe that was because we were supposed to be the cupcake back then. This time could be different.
        5. Do they still shoot off that damn cannon after every score? KEEP THE CANNON QUIET!!!!
        I don't discrespect SDSU's opponents nor their fans. I do expect SDSU to continue the season's mantra - 1-0 this week. This game should be no different than any other in terms of preparation and mind set. Go out and play the game. They've already faced an FBS team in front of about the same number of fans that will be in Montana Saturday. They know how to step up to the plate.

1-0 this week. 1-0.
        Last edited by CatchEmAll; 11-25-2009, 10:53 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Unless Western State was a powerhouse team this year, Montana didn't play a very impressive schedule. SDSU played a tougher out-of-conference schedule----------------

SDSU played SIU & UNI & GOPHERS, that's it for tough competition.

SDSU is 1-2 in those games. Montana will win, but hey, you're in the playoffs SDSU!

Comment

So SDSU played two top 15 teams and one BCS team. Montana played (and beat) one top 15 team, Eastern Washington. Whoopie ding.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              So SDSU played two top 15 teams and one BCS team. Montana played (and beat) one top 15 team, Eastern Washington. Whoopie ding.

Hey, Jacked Up, we've got to stop defending our team on our own board. Go over on the Football "here is a little preview" thread and you will get your Gwizz education. Some posters make it look like Jacks are facing a combination of Joe Montana's 49ers and Walter Payton's Bears. Jacks apparently have never seen tall linemen or fast receivers or running backs that run hard through tackles.

Comment

I checked that out, NoVa. For a moment, I thought I'd stumbled onto a NFL chat site and was reading a Super Bowl preview. Then I realized that Montana doesn't have a pro franchise yet. Hey, maybe the Minnesota Vikings would go over and scrimmage with the Griz to give them decent competition.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Not really true, we played 4 ranked teams; using AGS rankings at time of game. Other rankings would be similar.

Cal Poly - 13
                  Eastern Washington - 22
                  Weber State - 16
                  Montana State - 20

Comment

The world doesn't revolve. It is propelled through space by Montana linemen hitting tackling dummies.

Paul Bunyan was the first person to play football at the university of Montana.

A Montana player invented the forward pass when he threw a Montana State player ten yards while he was still holding the ball.

Tim Tebow wanted to play at Montana, but he couldn't crack the starting lineup.

Montana football is the reason why everyone else started wearing helmets.

Montana has never lost a playoff game. They let other teams win just to keep things interesting.

Wa-Grizz Stadium is the reason why Pete Townshend lost his hearing.

There is no Big Sky Conference, only Montana and eight other schools that wish they were Montana.

You wish you were Superman. Superman wishes he could play for the Grizz.

Lewis and Clark played quarterback and receiver for the Grizz. Sacajawea was the first cheerleader.

No one has ever beaten the Grizz--although some games have ended before Montana finished coming back.

After Montana beat Michigan 129 to 0 they were kicked out of the Big Ten.

When Montana played Army, they let them use tanks. Army still lost.

Vince Lombardi won the 1961 NFL title with the Montana Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies won the 1960 NFL title all by themselves.

"The Band IS ON THE FIELD---and the trombone player just took out Moen" What would've happened if Montana were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizFanStuckInUtah View Post
                      Not really true, we played 4 ranked teams; using AGS rankings at time of game. Other rankings would be similar.

Cal Poly - 13
                      Eastern Washington - 22
                      Weber State - 16
                      Montana State - 20
                      Well, that's still just the one top 15 team.

Comment

Zooropa -- just stating the facts.

Notice the Montana fans who have appeared on this message board do not tell any of those Chuck Norris jokes that are floating around. The mythical Chuck Norris couldn't make the Grizz scout team.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Zooropa -- just stating the facts.

Notice the Montana fans who have appeared on this message board do not tell any of those Chuck Norris jokes that are floating around. The mythical Chuck Norris couldn't make the Grizz scout team.
                          Montana recruited Chuck Norris out of high school, but they already had eighty players that could kick ____ and didn't need another.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            The world doesn't revolve. It is propelled through space by Montana linemen hitting tackling dummies.

Paul Bunyan was the first person to play football at the university of Montana.

A Montana player invented the forward pass when he threw a Montana State player ten yards while he was still holding the ball.

Tim Tebow wanted to play at Montana, but he couldn't crack the starting lineup.

Montana football is the reason why everyone else started wearing helmets.

Montana has never lost a playoff game. They let other teams win just to keep things interesting.

Wa-Grizz Stadium is the reason why Pete Townshend lost his hearing.

There is no Big Sky Conference, only Montana and eight other schools that wish they were Montana.

You wish you were Superman. Superman wishes he could play for the Grizz.

Lewis and Clark played quarterback and receiver for the Grizz. Sacajawea was the first cheerleader.

No one has ever beaten the Grizz--although some games have ended before Montana finished coming back.

After Montana beat Michigan 129 to 0 they were kicked out of the Big Ten.

When Montana played Army, they let them use tanks. Army still lost.

Vince Lombardi won the 1961 NFL title with the Montana Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies won the 1960 NFL title all by themselves.

"The Band IS ON THE FIELD---and the trombone player just took out Moen" What would've happened if Montana were playing.

Montana played Chuck Norris AND God and won on a shutout.

Zoo... if I could I'd double you up on rep points, but the cursed board is preventing it.

Comment

I've met Chuck Norris in San Diego and there is a halo over his head.
                              Hey NoVa. Just went through that parking lot they call the 495 and 95 yesterday. How the heck do you put up with D.C. traffic all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Montana played Chuck Norris AND God and won on a shutout.

Zoo... if I could I'd double you up on rep points, but the cursed board is preventing it.
                                Ditto. Love the post Zoo! Looking forward to the Bisonville style implosion on their webstie after we beat them.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X