Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD vs State rivalry shirts

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    1500 t-shirts have been purchased by the athletic department. The first 1500 students in the door will be given a free t-shirt and asked to wear them over any offensive t-shirt. No one will be refused entry.

Gotta love rumors.
    I'll take the shirt, but I won't put it on over my USD basketball shirt
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Good for you, I'm really proud of you.

Comment

Originally posted by MyBoyBlue View Post
        I wonder how our student body will respond to that.
        With petulant grumbling

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          With petulant grumbling
          So, then, nothing at all is changed since back in The Day when I came to Brookings as a freshman . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

1500 t-shirts have been purchased by the athletic department. The first 1500 students in the door will be given a free t-shirt and asked to wear them over any offensive t-shirt. No one will be refused entry.

Gotta love rumors.
            I do appreciate the free shirts from the athletic department. But will students still be allowed entry if they do not cover up their "offensive" t-shirts? Just wondering…

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              So, then, nothing at all is changed since back in The Day when I came to Brookings as a freshman . . .
              Hey, I did my fair share of whining about this and that. "Why are they having classes when it's 29 below?????"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Hey, I did my fair share of whining about this and that. "Why are they having classes when it's 29 below?????"
                My favorite whine was that long, long walk from Crothers to Animal Science, which had to be accomplished in 10 minutes or less, into that north wind, in January.

I guess I could also whine that the Athletic Department never handed out t-shirts to students when I was an undergrad. I feel deprived. And hurt. Deeply, deeply hurt. Possibly scarred. For life.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My favorite whine was that long, long walk from Crothers to Animal Science
                  Urgggg. That's bad. Waneta to Ag Engineering was the worst for me. Waneta to Ag Engineering for Calc II with Broschadt.

Comment

My favorite whine was that long, long walk from Crothers to Animal Science, which had to be accomplished in 10 minutes or less, into that north wind, in January.
                    Oh god that is bad walk. I skipped Psychology today cause I didn't want to walk to Dairy Micro. Of course when it gets nice out, my excuse for skipping that class will be that it's too nice to be inside at 3:00 in the afternoon

Comment

That's the great thing about weather. It can be turned into an excuse for anything.

Comment

That's the most offensive shirt you could wear. You probably won't get a free one, you'll just be asked to leave.

Comment

Gotta love rumors.
                          I'm talking about the USD shirts, not the SDSU ones. And trust me this was from a very reliable source in the athletic department.

Comment

I hope that any student, regardless of school, is not allowed into the game if their shirt is deemed offensive.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I hope that any student, regardless of school, is not allowed into the game if their shirt is deemed offensive.
                              But what is offensive? Whether something is offensive or not is completely subjective. What offends some, doesn't other.

I've always felt that people in this country were too easily offended, but that is another argument for another day/message board.

Comment

But what is offensive? Whether something is offensive or not is completely subjective. What offends some, doesn't other.

I've always felt that people in this country were too easily offended, but that is another argument for another day/message board.
                                So why raise it here then?

Comment

Working...
                                X