No announcement yet.

ndsu Smack 2009 (Dakota Marker Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu Smack 2009 (Dakota Marker Style)

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I think it is unfortunate. I love the rivalry with NDSU and want the game to mean a lot for both teams outside of the rivalry. Over time, I see this game as being a huge factor in who wins the conference and makes the playoffs. SDSU and NDSU have already established themselves as the premier schools in the conference and it is a good thing!

SUPERBUNNY
    While I agree with most of what you said, I think SIU and UNI are the premier schools in the conference right now. Until an xDSU school actually wins the conference, it is tough to argue otherwise. I think it would be fair to say the xDSU's were a fantastic addition to the conference, but to suggest we are the cream of the crop might be taking it a bit far.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      While I agree with most of what you said, I think SIU and UNI are the premier schools in the conference right now. Until an xDSU school actually wins the conference, it is tough to argue otherwise. I think it would be fair to say the xDSU's were a fantastic addition to the conference, but to suggest we are the cream of the crop might be taking it a bit far.
      I guess my comments where targeted at the strenght of the entire Athletic Department and not just football. In football I couldn't agree with you more. As for all sports, I think the Dakotas are kicking serious butt.

It's all good!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

"We've played a decent 1A school and played some nationally ranked teams. I'm not sure if they have been battle tested." -Craig Bohl

Really Craig? Are you serious? No wonder your fanbase thinks you are a tool.

Comment

We are on pace to be top 3 for second consecutive year. I would say that is putting yourself in the upper tier of the conference or cream of the crop immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
            "We've played a decent 1A school and played some nationally ranked teams. I'm not sure if they have been battle tested." -Craig Bohl

Really Craig? Are you serious? No wonder your fanbase thinks you are a tool.
            NDSU lost to Illinois State at home, a team we crushed on the road.
            NDSU was also beaten by Sam Houston St, who is the lone win on the season for 1-4 Western Illinois.
            SDSU's only loss is to nationally ranked Cal Poly on the road in a game where we lost our starting QB and gave up two scores by the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              We are on pace to be top 3 for second consecutive year. I would say that is putting yourself in the upper tier of the conference or cream of the crop immediately.
              We'll have to agree to disagree, IMO until we win a conference title, we have no business claiming elite status.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree, IMO until we win a conference title, we have no business claiming elite status.
                A conf title or two, AND being in the top 3 for bout 5 yrs or so I'd say before we can even start to pretend to be on par with UNI or SIU, and even then we'd still have a ways to go. We're only in our second year and we are doing well, but no way can we claim to be elite in our second year. Thats being like you know who up north, and look where they are now. things can change that quickly.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I agree with this. We haven't earned quite that level of respect yet.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

I think it is unfortunate. I love the rivalry with NDSU and want the game to mean a lot for both teams outside of the rivalry. Over time, I see this game as being a huge factor in who wins the conference and makes the playoffs. SDSU and NDSU have already established themselves as the premier schools in the conference and it is a good thing!
                    I didn't mean to cause such an uproar with my naming NDSU and SDSU as the "premier schools" in the Summitt League.

We haven't earned a gosh darn thing in football. I agree with everyone else that we have to win conference titles and have a succesful run (make playoffs) over a period of several years before we are an elite football team. Right now we have earned the right to be called an up and coming football program. That's pretty cool by the way!!!

When you look at all sports, I don't think it can be denied that SDSU has definitely established itself as a premier school in the Summitt League. NDSU earns that right as well in my book. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Elite in football? No chance! We haven't even made post season play. Let's start with that.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Maybe NDSU should try and lobby the NFL into letting them into the league.

Probably be better than the Raiders, Rams, Buccaneers, Redskins and Lions.

Comment

Great West is a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Great West is a conference.
                          Fair enough.

Back to bison smack.

Q: What do you get when you breed a groundhog and a bison?

A: Six more weeks of bad football.

Comment

And in other Fargo news:

Cops bag moose at Fargo hotel with tranquilizer gun
                            A moose that calmly hung out in a Fargo hotel courtyard for several hours this morning, munching on grass and leaves, was shot "in the behind" by a veterinarian with a tranquilizer gun and relocated to a nearby wildlife area, a witness and officials said.
                            Counter-smack:
                            Burning bunnies helps keep people warm and cozy
                            The city of Stockholm shoots thousands of wild rabbits spread across the green spaces of the Swedish capital and sends their bodies to be burned as heating fuel, a practice which has enraged animal rights groups.

City official Mats Freij said Stockholm killed 6,000 wild rabbits last year and has culled 3,000 so far this year, but said a subcontractor decided to use the cadavers as fuel.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert, you're enjoying this thread, aren't you?

Bizun dismissive name for Jacks seems to be the rather non-creative Bunnies (with a capital "B", thank you).

So firing back, what's the best for NDSU?

My nominations:

The Humps
                              Thundering Buffalo Chips
                              Humped Ones
                              Hay Factories

Others welcome

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Filbert, you're enjoying this thread, aren't you?

Bizun dismissive name for Jacks seems to be the rather non-creative Bunnies (with a capital "B", thank you).

So firing back, what's the best for NDSU?

My nominations:

The Humps
                                Thundering Buffalo Chips
                                Humped Ones
                                Hay Factories

Others welcome
                                The Thundering Turd
                                Cud Chompers
                                Furry Bison Burgers, on second thought not that one it could be misconstrued
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X