North Dakota among the least brain-healthy states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota among the least brain-healthy states

Just saw Joe Mauer's Sports Center commercial with Van Pelt (I think). Fits the discussion perfectly.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      The deep south has the lowest literacy rates and lowest percentage of high school graduates than any other part of the country.
      One should be careful about sentence construction when raising the subjects of literacy and education.....

---

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...rew_return.php

Just recently we've had some great comedy teams come through town who thrive on parody, or found or repurposed material [Found Magazine, the Found Footage Festival, The Onion's Robert Siegel], and like you guys, they're all from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan. Why are folks from the Midwest so great at this kind of humor?

The way I felt about it growing up is, you just felt kind of unnoticed because everything came from the east coast or the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        One should be careful about sentence construction when raising the subjects of literacy and education.....
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Werner Klemperer was on "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire"?

I'm sorry I missed that episode. Who was his dial-a-friend? Sgt. Schultz?

I can imagine how that conversation would go:

"Sargent, I need to know the capital of North Dakota!"

"I know nothingk!"

Comment

Working...
          X