Fighting Suzie's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting Suzie's

Back to green and pink and being called the Flickertails.

Comment

Zombielike, Ralph rises from the grave, fires up the bulldozer and levels his namesake...

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
        The North Dakota Board of Higher Education unanimously voted today to dump the UND nickname/logo if the university couldn't secure a 30 year agreement with the states two tribes by October 1.
        WOW!!!! Someone FINALLY grabbed the reins of this runaway stagecoach.

I'm seriously impressed. SERIOUSLY impressed at how concrete this directive is.

Comment

There is also a native american hertige center on the UND campus well I want my white american heritage center. Guess what I am an AMerican and I dont go around b******* about everything I dont get and oh no some one is being mean to my ancestors.. I sincerly hope that if UND does get rid of the name they also get rid of any other native american thing at UND including the heritage center adn specail scholarships. On a final note do you really think the logo will just disappear? It will not in fact it will probably come out in full force, I actually just picked up several SIoux sweatshirt for my three children and my husband and myself today adn we will wear them to every hockey game we attend (and we are season ticket holders)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

U PUT THEM IN THE SUMMIT, AND THIS WILL CONTINUE!!!!

LET THEM ROT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
            There is also a native american hertige center on the UND campus well I want my white american heritage center. Guess what I am an AMerican and I dont go around b******* about everything I dont get and oh no some one is being mean to my ancestors.. I sincerly hope that if UND does get rid of the name they also get rid of any other native american thing at UND including the heritage center adn specail scholarships. On a final note do you really think the logo will just disappear? It will not in fact it will probably come out in full force, I actually just picked up several SIoux sweatshirt for my three children and my husband and myself today adn we will wear them to every hockey game we attend (and we are season ticket holders)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LET THEM ROT!!!!!!!!!

"(LakesBison), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."--the Principal from Billy Madison

Comment

Up until that last post, I never knew LakesBison was a female. By (her) fire I always envisioned Lakes as some crusty, old, angry man. Wow, i won't be able to sleep now contemplating this revelation. Picked up a Sioux jersey for my husband???

That post by Lakes finally got me to post on this board for the first time in almost a year.

**I read this board for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I think lakes is quoting someone.

I think it's hilarious that an admittedly white woman is so insistent that she be able to wear an article of clothing that has the head of an Indian and the name of a loose confederacy of tribes.

Seinfeld used to do a routine about how we're all just rooting for laundry, well, IMO, this lady is doing that in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LET THEM ROT!!!!!!!!!

No offense

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

No offense
                    All because LakesBison is a woman... THAT'S SEXIST!!!

**but funny as hell!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

SturgisJeff has Pink-Carded this thread.

Off to Smack it goes . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        "(LakesBison), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."--the Principal from Billy Madison

I think Lakebison is quoting somebody from UND.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          I think Lakebison is quoting somebody from UND.
                          yes Lakes is quoting a comment posted on the Fargo Forum!

but seriously they are going ape S--T in GF. On siouxsports.com they have even started to blame NDSU president Joe Chapman, and are calling the Summit a second tier conference full of poor teams etc..........

Also, for those of you who don't know already, the guy pulling the Summit League commissioners strings is none other than President Chapman from NDSU, who has convinced him that UND will bring a lot of 'baggage' to the conference if admitted. This decision must really have Mr. Chapman and NDSU in a great mood today!

and then this

Like I have said before, and I am sure there are others that feel this way: The Summit League is a second rate conference filled with a bunch of unimpressive teams outside of NDSU, SDSU and South Dakota. Does the university really want to give up it's storied name just for a chance to be in a mediocre mid major? There is no guarantee that they will accept UND even if they drop the Fighting Sioux name. If you think I am wrong, take a look at the impressive schools in this conference; I bet Oakland, Oral Roberts, Southern Utah, Western Illinois, Centenary, IPFW, is really going to fill up the Betty. Sign me up for season tickets right now.
                          they are really sad up there
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            SturgisJeff has Pink-Carded this thread.

Off to Smack it goes . . .

I think it was headed that way anyway so I just helped it along a little faster.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              I think it was headed that way anyway so I just helped it along a little faster.
                              I was surprised with a name like Fighting Suzie's that it wasn't here much longer ago.

I'd bet if you went back to look at when Marquette changed its name there were similar responses. People just get way too overexcited about these things. Look at how crazy we got with the logo change.

FWIW...
                              My brother is a big UND fan and a hockey season ticket holder. He has always been one to back the nickname and even suggest they change the name to the UND 7th Cavalry if they have to change it. In the past few years he has come to making friends with a few native americans and heard their opinions. He has since changed his mind and believes it should go.

Oh sorry, gotta have some smack.
                              Um, Um, Um,
                              Engelstad is a Nazi sympathizer!!!!!!!!!!, Sioux Suck!!!!!!!!!!
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

No doubt an idenity crisis at UND and GF, especially the die hard hockey fans. They would all give up their romagrot, lefse, Ole, Norwegian for beer, and other Norwegian goodies in order to keep that sacred logo. ( I dont have the three extra letters in the Norweigan alphabet on my keyboards, so the word for beer should not be confused with Ole and Lena Jokes. Its a letter o with a slash pronounced olll. Cant think of an english word that it ryhme with. None the less, I think a great deal of UND as an institution and like TV, am happy that this issue is finally coming to an end.

I heard new UND President on KFGO radio yesterday. He is hardly a proponent of keeping the logo. He seems to want to work with the tribes and the NCAA and get this issue behind him. He was asked about the existing logos at the Englestad and elsewhere and he said that the plan is to phase out the logos where ever possible and as soon as possible, for instance if the logo is on a carpet, the carpet will be replaced without the logo. Also some of the logos in the ice arena may stay for historical purposes. Not sure what he meant, but we will no doubt find out. Also logos on uniforms will be gone after this coming year. So its seems like a done deal in the President's mind and yes the true UND FANS are pissed at him on the SiouxSports. com. Stand fast, Mr. President of UND.

Comment

Working...
                                X