SDSU and UND Have In Common Opposite NDSU and USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU and UND Have In Common Opposite NDSU and USD

P.S. - One thing SDSU, NDSU and even UND have in common is the overall ability to smack around USD teams in most fields of play. That was demonstrated in the 1990s and will be demonstrated again in coming years.
    This space for lease.

Comment

When the plans were originally put in place to reduce the seating in Frost Arena I originally thought it was a bad idea but as it turns out it was the smartest thing that SDSU has done since going D1. I guess they had foresight in knowing they would never need the amount of capacity that they once had. No sense having 7K plus in capacity when the arena will never come close to needing that much space.

The Dakotadome is saving all the seats in rows 24 and above in the grandstand. They are reserved for the next time the Jacks fans come to town to see SDSU come in to take their next beating. At least the fans will be so far away that they won't get a look at the trainwreck that will be caused by the Blue and Yellow derailment.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        When the plans were originally put in place to reduce the seating in Frost Arena I originally thought it was a bad idea but as it turns out it was the smartest thing that SDSU has done since going D1. I guess they had foresight in knowing they would never need the amount of capacity that they once had. No sense having 7K plus in capacity when the arena will never come close to needing that much space.

The Dakotadome is saving all the seats in rows 24 and above in the grandstand. They are reserved for the next time the Jacks fans come to town to see SDSU come in to take their next beating. At least the fans will be so far away that they won't get a look at the trainwreck that will be caused by the Blue and Yellow derailment.
        What? We lead you in the all time series by a pretty wide margin so maybe put the crack pipe down and back away slowly

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          You provided more information about yourself than I would ever care to know.
          The first clever post I've read on here in awhile (besides my own, of course)
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            What? We lead you in the all time series by a pretty wide margin so maybe put the crack pipe down and back away slowly
            By that way of thinking based on history USD would slaughter SDSU in football.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

So what kind of paint DO you drink, CF? Because I'm thinking there's a little bit of lead in there. Your posts are proof of that.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You know what NDSU, SDSU, and UND have in common opposite of USD?

None of their football stadiums can go undercover as wastewater treatment plants....

Comment

One of the many things that amazes me about USD fans going into transition is that they simply have no idea what they are in for.

USD is so far behind when it comes to facilities compared to everyone else in the region. Sure, you have the Dakota Dump, the world's largest septic tank. That facility is horrible compared to any other dome in the region. Just a fact that can't be denied. Your basketball facility is horrible, oops, I meant non-existent. USD is having a tough time tackling the scholarship funding issues. Once that is handled comes the challenges in staff increases and facilities. Where's the plan on that? I keep myself fairly well informed and to my knowledge there isn't a solid plan out there. Aren't any of you guys a little scared about that? Keep puffing out your chests saying we are D-1 baby! Soon your going to realize that this isn't a cakewalk.

Things have gone very well at SDSU through the transition and thank goodness it is over and we went through it in good economic times. USD seems to have a real knack for making poor decisions at the worst possible time. You didn't have a choice to make the move to D-1 but due to the inept administration the proper research wasn't done so that USD was prepared for the future. They along with the entire NCC was aware of exactly what was going when the move was being looked at by UNC, NDSU, and SDSU. USD chose to ignore it and has now been put in a very tough position. The fair-weather fans at USD won't take the struggles for long. That's when it gets rough.

Maybe USD will be succesful during the transition years but I doubt it because there is no vision from the top. Just a blind desire to play follow the rabbit.

It's a nice view isn't it? Get used to it!

GB, GB, GJ! And, screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Hey SuperBunny, when was the last time you were in the Dome?

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up View Post
                      if 1,500 fans from frost arena went to the dakotadump, their attendance probably would be reported as 3,000.
                      now, that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        One of the many things that amazes me about USD fans going into transition is that they simply have no idea what they are in for.

USD is so far behind when it comes to facilities compared to everyone else in the region. Sure, you have the Dakota Dump, the world's largest septic tank. That facility is horrible compared to any other dome in the region. Just a fact that can't be denied. Your basketball facility is horrible, oops, I meant non-existent. USD is having a tough time tackling the scholarship funding issues. Once that is handled comes the challenges in staff increases and facilities. Where's the plan on that? I keep myself fairly well informed and to my knowledge there isn't a solid plan out there. Aren't any of you guys a little scared about that? Keep puffing out your chests saying we are D-1 baby! Soon your going to realize that this isn't a cakewalk.

Things have gone very well at SDSU through the transition and thank goodness it is over and we went through it in good economic times. USD seems to have a real knack for making poor decisions at the worst possible time. You didn't have a choice to make the move to D-1 but due to the inept administration the proper research wasn't done so that USD was prepared for the future. They along with the entire NCC was aware of exactly what was going when the move was being looked at by UNC, NDSU, and SDSU. USD chose to ignore it and has now been put in a very tough position. The fair-weather fans at USD won't take the struggles for long. That's when it gets rough.

Maybe USD will be succesful during the transition years but I doubt it because there is no vision from the top. Just a blind desire to play follow the rabbit.

It's a nice view isn't it? Get used to it!

GB, GB, GJ! And, screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
                        If USD has a knack for making decisions at the wrong time don't you find it quite amazing than that they moved to D1 right before the moratorium? I would say that timing wasn't too bad on that one. USD in their first D1 year already has a good chance to get into the Summit which was quicker than what happened for SDSU. For having as much trouble with scholarships as you claim USD sure were able to put together the funds to get football scholarships to the max alot quicker than what SDSU did. How many new building are going up on campus at SDSU? USD has quite a few of them. They are sprucing up the campus, getting the trailors out next to the dome and are basically going forward both athletically and academically. I didn't hear much about academics when SDSU made the move. USD has to take care of the academic side first which is the reason new building going up all around campus. USD is moving their whole university up in stature not just athletics. I guess if leadership is so lacking that must be a contradiction to what most of the Summit League Officials said during their visit. They went out of their way to compliment Jim Abbot in particular but also the entire leadership. USD is a smaller school with fewer students than SDSU and despite that they are doing a good job with the start of the transition. Sure things could be better but I think the priorities are in order so far. If you were to ask the football players what they would want which do you think they would choose

1) Charter or take flights on all trips but possibly sacrafise the competitiveness of the program because of a lack of scholarships eventhough the extra ammenities of travel.

2) Take a couple of long bus trips but at the reward of increasing scholarships at a faster rate therefor giving the program every chance to succeed as fast as possible.

I think most players would take option #2 in a heartbeat. Option 1 is about coddling, Option 2 is about bettering chance of success. It looks like SDSU went with option 1. USD went with option 2. Who has their priorities mixed up again?

I actually thank the USD players for sucking it up and taking one for the team (USD) for the betterment of the program in it's transition. What message does that send to the incoming USD recruits? I think a darn good message. Budgets are limited at first, that is pretty much a given. I think USD is prioritizing just fine.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

If USD has a knack for making decisions at the wrong time don't you find it quite amazing than that they moved to D1 right before the moratorium? I would say that timing wasn't too bad on that one. USD in their first D1 year already has a good chance to get into the Summit which was quicker than what happened for SDSU. For having as much trouble with scholarships as you claim USD sure were able to put together the funds to get football scholarships to the max alot quicker than what SDSU did. How many new building are going up on campus at SDSU? USD has quite a few of them. They are sprucing up the campus, getting the trailors out next to the dome and are basically going forward both athletically and academically. I didn't hear much about academics when SDSU made the move. USD has to take care of the academic side first which is the reason new building going up all around campus. USD is moving their whole university up in stature not just athletics. I guess if leadership is so lacking that must be a contradiction to what most of the Summit League Officials said during their visit. They went out of their way to compliment Jim Abbot in particular but also the entire leadership. USD is a smaller school with fewer students than SDSU and despite that they are doing a good job with the start of the transition. Sure things could be better but I think the priorities are in order so far. If you were to ask the football players what they would want which do you think they would choose

1) Charter or take flights on all trips but possibly sacrafise the competitiveness of the program because of a lack of scholarships eventhough the extra ammenities of travel.

2) Take a couple of long bus trips but at the reward of increasing scholarships at a faster rate therefor giving the program every chance to succeed as fast as possible.

I think most players would take option #2 in a heartbeat. Option 1 is about coddling, Option 2 is about bettering chance of success. It looks like SDSU went with option 1. USD went with option 2. Who has their priorities mixed up again?

I actually thank the USD players for sucking it up and taking one for the team (USD) for the betterment of the program in it's transition. What message does that send to the incoming USD recruits? I think a darn good message. Budgets are limited at first, that is pretty much a given. I think USD is prioritizing just fine.

Very, very good post.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            Very, very good post.

im pretty sure you havent disagreed with anything he's ever said on this forum. but i thought you might add a couple more verys to your so so post.

Comment

I didn't hear much about academics when SDSU made the move.
                              Thats because your university was stuck trying to be the "Princeton of the Plains" or whatever, which went over like a lead balloon. SDSU has added doctoral programs, masters programs, numerous new scholarships, the Jackrabbit Guarantee is huge, we are adding buildings at an alarming rate as to warrant a new plan (possibly being discussed) about parking and closing down campus to traffic because of the influx of students. Things are very very good at SDSU academically. You are out of your mind if you think that isn't true and that udot is leading the way. Oh, I forgot about the multi-million dollar research park going in as well.

Also ramping your scholarships up in football has nothing to do with being competitive; its so your team can be led like lambs to the slaughter to the big boys to make money, so you can fund girls sports, which are probably being left sorely behind. God knows the girls sports at udot haven't seen the ramp up in schollies like that I am guessing. Oh wait, you guys are getting a break on the Title IX compliance that SDSU had to meet. How's that for answers? Probably not the ones you were hoping for, but heck, the truth hurts in La La land.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Huge reason USD is getting looked at by the Summit is because SDSU and NDSU are already in it. The Great West was already set up as well so that was a peace of cake for you guys to get into.

You haven't heard much about academics at SDSU?? Hell the women's basketball team leads the nation in GPA. And thats just the athletic side of it, academics are not suffering since the move to D-I

SDSU has a number of buildings going up on campus, including the Dykhouse center, the new pharmacy building and an addition to Harding Hall.

Yes you moved up to get football scholarships to the max but did you increase scholarships in any women's sports? No because you aren't compliant with Title IX

Comment

Working...
                                X