Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
    Tuesday Night 17th, just goto LABBYS for mug night (by dome) or Chumleys in Moorhead and you will see what the diff in the 2 towns are....

ill be your tour guide. if needed..

but UTH cant come.
    Chumley's is closing so don't need to go there anymore

Comment

Tuesday Night 17th, just goto LABBYS for mug night (by dome) or Chumleys in Moorhead and you will see what the diff in the 2 towns are....
      Touting a bar in Minnesota as a Fargo attraction? Ahh, OK. In that case, we'll count Sioux Falls as a Brookings attraction. Game over.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Touting a bar in Minnesota as a Fargo attraction? Ahh, OK. In that case, we'll count Sioux Falls as a Brookings attraction. Game over.
        Sioux Falls is just a bigger and more boring version of Fargo. Maybe one day the city will build a new arena and you can get some decent entertainment options....

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Sioux Falls is just a bigger and more boring version of Fargo. Maybe one day the city will build a new arena and you can get some decent entertainment options....

Nothing to say to that one. The Arena sucks.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Was that Bon Jovi or AC/DC? I'm guessing Bon Jovi.

Comment

Probably Bon Jovi, its definitely not an athletic event. I have to admit, the Fargo Dome has been a good thing for Fargo. I think the only problem is they have to compete against the Alerius Center and Ralph Englestad Arena for these type concerts. GF is only 75 miles from Fargo, so its a contest for those involved in booking big events. Some big stars figure one appearence in the upper midwest is sufficient so, that makes it a contest. They could of course book Buddy Knox, opps he is no longer living. He had a hit Party Doll, that was big 50 years ago.

From my recollection, the Swiftel center in Brookings was thought orginally to be a white elephant and waste of sales tax money, but I believe its turning a profit, and books a few shows. Not on the same scale as the FD.

SD needs more convention centers once the economy rebounds. So score one for Fargo and NDSU. My honesty is kicking in here and overriding my smack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                Wrong on both counts, it was Sesame Street Live.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                  Looks like a Foghat crowd. Pretty high mullett quotient.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Looks like a Foghat crowd. Pretty high mullett quotient.
                    That's funny. ... I agree that it's time to turn the Sioux Falls Arena into a rec center or something and replace it with a facility better than FargoDome. That day is coming. Then Fargo will really be up a creek. Old rock bands and barber conventions will have a better regional option.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Wrong on both counts, it was Sesame Street Live.
                      Hee-Haw Live
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

if any of your fans woulda showed up last tuesday, fargo was crawling with ladies that night at the bars.

oh well, hopefully the 7 of them had a nice drive back.

Fargo ALWAYS will trump Brookings from April to September with the LAKES 30-40 minutes away.

Comment

Fargo ALWAYS will trump Brookings from April to September with the LAKES 30-40 minutes away.
                          So you admit Brookings trumps Fargo from October to March? We certainly trumped Fargo and Ndsu on November 22 last year.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

if any of your fans woulda showed up last tuesday, fargo was crawling with ladies that night at the bars.*

oh well, hopefully the 7 of them had a nice drive back.

*Until Lakes arrived. Then it cleared out cleaner and faster than the holes Minnett ran through in Fargo

Comment

Nothing like crawling ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                                Nothing like crawling ladies.
                                Lakes probably had his pet beaver chew their wooden legs off so they couldnt get away from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X