Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
    my point is... women's basketball is so far down the totem pole.... seriously guys.. cmon.. I dont wanna have to smack on this..

no I wouldn't be spouting off on your message board if ndsu's women's team was better than yours.

I have posted all over this board about football and MENS basketball.

But seroiusly, in my allen iverson voice "WE TALKIN' WOMENS BASKETBALL"

peace out.
    I found something odd about this post, and I finally figured it out this morning. According to Bisonville, it is Men's basketball that is "down the totem pole." You can see it there, right below Women's Basketball, Soccer, Women's Volleyball, and Football. Right above Track and Field.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

UTH, yes it does. And, it's one of the few time in my life when something I envisioned actually came to be.

Comment

Double whoops - posted in the wrong spot (age, dang it). Anyway, UTH, in the words of Dennis Green (paraphrasing) "He is what I thought he would be."

Comment

and I can't wait to see SDSU in the 1 vs 8 game in sioux falls!

Comment

NDSU definitely doesn't want to play SDSU in the 1st round, I hope it does happen because SDSU will win that one.

Comment

You pose a very interesting scenario. I would like to see this happen!

Comment

From roadwarrior on Bisonville here is the seeding for the tourney.

While I'd like to get a higher seed than 7, it would possibly be the best scenario for the team. We'd get to play on the first day of the tourney, would get a day off before the semi-finals and could set up a NDSU/SDSU championship game on ESPN2 for the trip to the Big Dance!

Men’s Schedule

March 7 Quarterfinals

G1: No. 1 seed vs. No. 8 seed, 6 p.m.
                G2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 7 seed, 8:30 p.m.

March 8 Quarterfinals

G3: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, 6 p.m.
                G4: No. 3 seed vs. No. 6 seed, 8:30 p.m.

March 9 Semifinals

G5: G1 Winner vs. G3 Winner, 6 p.m.
                G6: G2 Winner vs. G4 Winner, 8:30 p.m.

March 10 Championship

G5 Winner vs. G6 Winner, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)

Comment

Women's schedule is, of course, seeded in the same fashion except the games are 12:00 and 2:30 on the respective days.

I have a nice finished image of the bracket by seeds but I can't seem to figure out a way to post it here.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    You pose a very interesting scenario. I would like to see this happen!

How in HE-double-hockeysticks does this happen??? A smack thread getting hijacked and drifting toward talk about tournament seedings???

We shall call this

The Lakes Anomaly*

*not to be confused with the lakes curse or any other such strange phenomenon

Comment

Odds are getting better by the day Jacks will be a better seed. Jacks win tomorrow night and you can kiss this scenario goodbye, Lakes, unless it's a 3-6 or 4-5 game between the two Dakotas.

Comment

The best thing about Fargo over Brookings is that it is further from Vermillion.

Comment

UTH.... you need a hobby dude... besides tormenting me... ha ha

Comment

Getting back to the title of the thread

Brookings > Fargo

based solely on where Lakes spends more time (I think more than a few NDSU fans would even agree on that)
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Saturday night Division I basketball games are better attended in Brookings than Fargo.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Difference between Fargo and Brookings. SDSU mens and womens basketball, football and fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X