Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League vs NCC in Competitiveness

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
    I have no doubt the Coyotes can play in the Summit League. As far as who is better, Jackrabbits or Coyotes? I don't know. I don't think either one is light years ahead of the other. I don't think the Jacks would blow out the Coyotes (as some here would believe) and I don't think the Coyotes would blow out the Jacks.
    This is all the farther I've got in this thread, but this is an excellent post. 100% objective.

Rep points.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Don't you want to get in the Summit? Cuz if you did then you would give up on the NCC crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
        Don't you want to get in the Summit? Cuz if you did then you would give up on the NCC crap.
        Good point!!!!

If the Summit League read his post, they'd realize that a USD fan disrespected the Summit League, and then USD wouldn't have a chance at an invite.

Better delete your posts, CoyoteFan.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The NCC is gone, in its prime if you took its top 6 teams and made a conference it would be similar to many lower level conferences..... The facts are its gone.... you can say what you want about the Summit League, but one thing I've noticed is very few teams win on the road, Centenary wins at home, IPFW wins at home, WIU wins a home, SDSU wins at home.... Its just something that the conference has is if you go into a place and win on there court its a good win, and that is a sign of a strong conference..... USD is pretty good this year, I'll say it, they have some legit D-I Talent, the problem is they are all seniors and juniors and there freshman and sophomores aren't near as good, the ones that play (louie) really benefit from the upperclass play and we'll only see how he does without them around. The real test is how is USD going to be in a year or 2? SDSU is fairly young and barring a lot of major changes and transfers they shouldn't regress in the next 2-3 years, while USD will a lot.... Even USD fans should admit that Grimsely, Cain, Smith, Becker, and Gentry are a lot better then, there underclassmen and recruits, heck Begeman and Mergan are better then any underclassmen they have.... Now given Jordan Boots might be able to shoot as much as JJ Reddick and make as many as PJ Reddick.... but even USD fans should admit that they are upper class loaded and there underclass just doesn't compare....

Comment

The only problem with saying the underclass doesn't compare to the upper class is that it is impossible to tell, and because of that is my biggest reason to be critical of Boots. When I say impossible to tell I mean because they (underclass) don't get very much PT to make an accurate determination. Boots has always used about a 7 man rotation so he is hurt by graduation alot more than most programs. If 3 graduate it is much harder to replace those players with guys already on the roster. But somehow year after year Boots does this and the program still remains competitive. I think this holds back the program from being just good to maybe being great some years. I think Boots had great teams back in 93 and 94 but ever since he has just had very solid clubs.

Bottom line, it is yet to be determined on the club next year. I imagine USD might have a down year next year but be better the year after. The same things were said when Trofoltz and Mueller graduated. The Yotes weren't supposed to be much because of hard graduation hits and lack of experience coming back but they still figured out a way to be good. Boots does some things that make me pull my hair out but at the same time he can coach the game well.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I'm not drawing any conclusions about either the men or women at USD this year. The schedule does not allow one to make any reasonable judgments. The women are red shirting several players including the player from Crofton, NE (I'm blanking on her name now). Boots and Williams are also handicapped by the same transition hell as Nagy and AJ were.

I have NEVER said that USD can't compete at the next level. I only raise my voice when USD supporters are critical of SDSU for current struggles or when the hesitate to recognize relative success. USD is FOLLOWING us into DI. Nothing about DII matters now, its a COMPLETELY different ball game. The NCC doesn't matter, national championships and playoff appearances don't matter. Its about evolving the athletic department and institution into a DI program and doing it right. Time will tell.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

CF, I will take your word for what has been the M.O. for the Coyotes. However, the old will not translate well to the new. Boots has never scheduled tough, something that he will no longer be able to do. Even the bottom of DI men's basketball requires a competitive DI team. USD right now has a good D2 team. This has resulted in 1 DI win against a weak team. You have a 12 game (I think) win streak going against bottom feeder D2 and NAIA teams. I will be interested to see what kind of schedule he puts together for the next few years and how well USD does.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  Bottom line, it is yet to be determined on the club next year. I imagine USD might have a down year next year but be better the year after. The same things were said when Trofoltz and Mueller graduated. The Yotes weren't supposed to be much because of hard graduation hits and lack of experience coming back but they still figured out a way to be good. Boots does some things that make me pull my hair out but at the same time he can coach the game well.
                  I'm sure USD will be OK next year. Boots will schedule Lake Erie College a couple times and will back out of games against tough opponents like Post University. USD will go 25-5, playing 25 NAIA an D2 teams and 5 D1s and declare the season a huge success.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    I'm sure USD will be OK next year. Boots will schedule Lake Erie College a couple times and will back out of games against tough opponents like Post University. USD will go 25-5, playing 25 NAIA an D2 teams and 5 D1s and declare the season a huge success.
                    Yah the same schedule that SDSU would go 15-15 against.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

you really need to listen to your fellow coyote fan(yotefan90). thats the best post ever on your forum. you are the troublemaker and if i were a yote fan, id be embarrassed too.

Comment

Thank you too for your kind remarks.

Comment

Good luck against Lake Erie College. Good get for the Coyotes. I hear Erie has one of the top equine entrepreneurship programs in the WORLD! Extraordinary!

USD > Lake Erie College > Ohio Dominican... Oh, never mind. This goes nowhere.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            you really need to listen to your fellow coyote fan(yotefan90). thats the best post ever on your forum. you are the troublemaker and if i were a yote fan, id be embarrassed too.
                            http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...lay&thread=534

Comment

What happens if I click that link, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                                What happens if I click that link, anyway?
                                You will double the number of people on their board

Comment

Working...
                                X