Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Arena at USD

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    This is what I was told as well. Source seemed credible to me. No idea on the time line.
    Chairs would be nice. I think permenant built in seats would be best. not pull out bleachers or seats of any kind. What would be guesses for max attendance? I understand the value of ticket demand and increasing season ticket holders but it still kinda concerns me for the future that we build to small now and have a demand for larger seats later. I might be one of the few who feels that way though.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      My understanding is the south section above the students will be elevated and chairback like the north side to encourage more season tickets. The new bleachers would be on the upper ends.
      Hopefully any new bleachers will have better walkways and hand rails.After watching older people struggle to get up and down the bleachers,it's a wonder that no one has taken a header and gotten hurt.

Comment

I am lost here are we talking about new seating at Frost or the New arena at USD?

Either way, hand rails and aisles are very important. CAS was built without much consideration in either area. Yes it was a different era and funds were very scarce and there was no Disability Act legislation on the books when CAS was erected. This is though, something all future facilities should include. Access and safety features. I am getting old you know.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I am lost here are we talking about new seating at Frost or the New arena at USD?

Either way, hand rails and isles are very important. CAS was built without much consideration in either area. Yes it was a different era and funds were very scarce and there was no Disability Act legislation on the books when CAS was erected. This is though, something all future facilities should include. Access and safety features. I am getting old you know.
          They are talking about Frost, I believe.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm lost, isn't this a "SMACK" thread?

Comment

It seems like the smack threads have died down this weekend and today. It's nice to see everybody getting along. Perhaps it's the sh**ty weather.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                It seems like the smack threads have died down this weekend and today. It's nice to see everybody getting along. Perhaps it's the sh**ty weather.
                Its pretty nice in Lawrence right now, I guess I better ramp up the crap talk.

Man the dome is a crappy place to watch basketball. I'd rather watch a game at the old Brookings Middle School outdoor courts with the nine foot rims.

Edit: They may be even lower than nine feet. I am not for certain, as I have never measured, but I could dunk it there, so it can't be too high. I jump as well as USD scheduled home football and basketball games this year. So we know it isn't good.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

How about a naming contest for the future arena at USD? I suggest Little Frost Arena or the Mini Red Center.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I think it should be called "The Arena of the Dakota's."
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      I think it goes more like this. It's like two debators getting in a room together and arguing about things for about 4 hours. When the topics all get exhausted and the differences are laid out on the table those debators might not get along as badly as the appearance lets on to be.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        "Better then VHS Gym"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          How about "The Jadwin Gym of the Plains?"
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

honestly if USD ever gets a new arena.... It will either be named by the guy funding it.... Sanford, etc.... Or some respected big name alum.... Tom Brokow, Tim Johnson, so on....

Comment

in keeping that the dome is "The Breast of the West" if the USD arena is a smaller copy of the dome it could be called "The Breast of the West Implant"

Comment

No it is the pimple on the plains

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X