Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    Call me biased, but I'd rather have Cain than Cordova. Cordova is a big, strong kid and an obvious hard worker, but I'd rather have Cain's length and size. Cain is a BEAST on defense.

They are both very good players, though.
    You can go ahead and have Cain. We will keep Cordova.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      You can go ahead and have Cain. We will keep Cordova.
      Does not Cordova have two more years of eligiblity? and Cain is done after this year. Good reason to keep Cordova.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Does not Cordova have two more years of eligiblity? and Cain is done after this year. Good reason to keep Cordova.
        Cain is a junior this year. He has 1 year left. That's why USD will have Cain, Gentry(seniors) and Krogman(Soph.) next year. The rest of the team will be a big question mark.

I think Cain and Cordova are about the same. Cain will block more shots but Cordova has solid post moves and can be a bull on defense, too. The extra year for Cordova might put him over the top.

Comment

you can take Cain, we'll take Cordova.... that might be the only close comparession.... Kai is better then Gentry and Callahan is better then Krogman and the rest of are team is better then the rest of yours, HANDS DOWN....

Comment

Didn't anyone watch the Iowa State game on TV? AC did a great job against ISU's big men. He was especially strong in the 2nd half. I will take Cordova any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Didn't anyone watch the Iowa State game on TV? AC did a great job against ISU's big men. He was especially strong in the 2nd half. I will take Cordova any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
              Cain is a good player I can admit that but Cordova has really improved on the offensive end of the court.... Like I said previously that might be the only one where I could live with Cain over Cordova if I had to, though I still think Cordova is better.... If USD and SDSU played each other next year all what you would have to do is look at the bench.... This is how I would predict the depth chart of each team if everything goes alright (not that that happens in D-I though)

SDSU would probably start something like this if Davis is 100%.... Kai, Garret, Cordova, Sargent, Davis... the bench would go like this.... Cassaday, Moss, Palarca, White, Feigen, Griffin, Tivis, Engen, Pederson, Rader, JuCo/new recruit

USD will start something like this... Louie, Gentry, Cain, PF from Illinois, Kreklow 1.... There bench would be.... Lafrentz, Pesicka, Kreklow 2, Tetzloff, and the I think there is a JuCo transfer and a freshman from Iowa and thats about it....

USD will start atleast 1 freshman and atleast 1 player with limited experience.... There bench will consist of players with little to no experience also.... while SDSU will have 6 guys coming off of the bench that have started a game before + 2 of the best recruits they have had in a long time if not ever...

Anybody that thinks USD has a shot of keeping it under 20 is delusional

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Cain is a junior this year. He has 1 year left. That's why USD will have Cain, Gentry(seniors) and Krogman(Soph.) next year. The rest of the team will be a big question mark.

I think Cain and Cordova are about the same. Cain will block more shots but Cordova has solid post moves and can be a bull on defense, too. The extra year for Cordova might put him over the top.
                Throwing out eligibility though, I think Cain is a better player. Only my opinion.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I know this is smack and a lot of crap is flying.
                  I do like the back and forth posts between Coyote_Fan and Joeboo22 though. They were around post 79-82.
                  This year, USD would put up a fight. Next year, USD loses too much experience, leadership and size. I don't know about 30 points but it would be a fairly easy victory for SDSU. USD might have 3 big guns back but SDSU will have all their guns and add a few more.
                  Is USD considered DI next year(Serious question)? I don't think they should be this year with their schedules. When you talk about SDSU struggling against DI teams USD will just be getting there. Cal State Bakersfield is in transition and SDSU handled them. I'm sure after this year, they would do the same thing to USD. The win was by 21 points and I would say it would be around there next year.
                  USD/UND do not count as DI opponents this year but will count next year. They are required to play 25 games this year, but their opponents' level doesn't matter(they could play a straight DIII schedule if they wanted). Next year, they have the same scheduling requirements as any other DI(25-29 games, 33% MBB games in home arena, no more than 4 non-DIs - 2 exh + 2 reg).

Statistically, USD/UND won't be DI until they're active members(2012-13).

Comment

USD will be quietly relieved if it doesn't face SDSU next year. The Jacks would win by more than 20.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      USD will be quietly relieved if it doesn't face SDSU next year. The Jacks would win by more than 20.
                      So now suddenly SDSU is going to turn into a juggernaut next season. I don't get it. Jacks fans should just hope for an improvement. Boots always puts a competitive team on the court. There will be a few question marks no doubt but the team that won the NCC in 2006-2007 was a big question mark. That was the year that nobody thought USD would do anything because of losing Trofoltz. I think they did alright. Just because the Yotes lose a few players doesn't mean they are automatically going to go through a major regression. Who's to say the recruits coming in won't be as good or better than what SDSU has. That remains to be seen so anyone that can be assured that SDSU is going to be 20 points on average better than USD is simply taking a guess. Or maybe just smoking too many blue puffs from the Jackrabbit pipe. Most SDSU fans have no idea about the kind of players that will be playing for the Yotes next season, heck I don't know some of them either. As soon as you watch more USD games than I do please let me know.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Anybody else smell that? Bad doggy, go home now. WHEW! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN EATING!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          So now suddenly SDSU is going to turn into a juggernaut next season. I don't get it. Jacks fans should just hope for an improvement. Boots always puts a competitive team on the court. There will be a few question marks no doubt but the team that won the NCC in 2006-2007 was a big question mark. That was the year that nobody thought USD would do anything because of losing Trofoltz. I think they did alright. Just because the Yotes lose a few players doesn't mean they are automatically going to go through a major regression. Who's to say the recruits coming in won't be as good or better than what SDSU has. That remains to be seen so anyone that can be assured that SDSU is going to be 20 points on average better than USD is simply taking a guess. Or maybe just smoking too many blue puffs from the Jackrabbit pipe. Most SDSU fans have no idea about the kind of players that will be playing for the Yotes next season, heck I don't know some of them either. As soon as you watch more USD games than I do please let me know.
                          For the record, yes we would beat you by 20+. Just a fact.

The thing that still amazes me is that you and the other flea-bitten fans just don't seem to have any idea how rough the next five-years are going to be. Even if they go well it will suck. Obviously, SDSU struggled mightily and now we are starting to see early signs of improvement.

It's not that SDSU is now or will be a "juggernaut" next year, it's that USD will not be. We are hoping for solid improvement moving forward now that transition is over. You say that Boots always puts a competitive team on the floor, Nagy did a better job than Boots over the course of his D2 seasons. That doesn't mean squat at this level. You fail to recognize that recruiting in transition is a nightmare, keeping kids is a nightmare, scheduling games is a nightmare, and even if you do well at all that there isn't a reward at the end of the season. After all that, USD is five-years behind SDSU which is a huge factor if we are after the same player. IMHO, you have additional factors at USD that make it even harder (facilities, city, location, administration) but that's for a different post. Any way you slice it, tranistion sucks!

USD may very well have better success in transition than USD but I guarantee that now matter how well it goes, five years from now USD fans will look back at transition and feel that it was awful to go through.

Wow, that's a pretty gracious post for a smack section.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            I don't think the Jacks will be a juggernaut but they will be better than this year.
                            The 2006-07 team lost Toffoltz and Nour. I don't count anybody else because the other players that they lost didn't play in most of their conference games. That was a little over 1/3 of the teams playing time.
                            This year, they will lose more players than that. I'm assuming that Begeman, Becker, Grimsley and Smith will all play in every game from here on out.
                            Cain will be a lot like Trofholz was. They both are around 10 rebounds and 22 points(Trofholz) to 15(Cain). I think he will be solid down low. The only difference is that it will be against DI programs in a night in-night out basis. He is a DI talent but will he have enough help down low?
                            Louie is having a solid freshman year. The thing is next year, defenses can either key on him or Gentry. I think I'd key on Gentry because I think he's a tougher matchup. Is Louie athletic enough to beat his man at the next level? We'll see.

Comment

Anybody that thinks USD has a shot of keeping it under 20 is delusional[/quote]

I must be delusional

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                For the record, yes we would beat you by 20+. Just a fact.
                                No one ever taught you the difference between fact or opinion, did they?
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X