• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coyote Athletics

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    Scoreboard
    Do pools have scoreboards?

Remember how if USD lost every other game, but would be us in one contest, they would consider that enough to celebrate and act like they just won the superbowl. Or the equivelent of the super bowl depending on the sport. They try to dismiss everything we do, yet if they beat us its just more crap for them to fill their egos with. Heres a hypothetical sort of. USD could beat us once in basketball, yet fail to make any kind of post season turny, yet we would go on to win the confrence. that would be enough for usd to think that they won the confrence even though they didnt, but because they beat us once, its all that matters to USD. They use us for a measuring stick, not their own goals and body of work they do.

After all that rambling, I just have to ask, how did they do against us in wrestling, baseball?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Scoreboard?

SDSU is more interested in setting team goal and university goals, not how we performed against the U in one event. I would rather see us lead the country in GPA, win conference titles, represent our conference in the NCAA tourney's, be ranked in Top 25. Just getting one of those goals accomplished in a year is more than satisfying for me. Fortunately we have met mulitple goals all in the same year.

We have not played USD in years and I'm OK with that. I have moved on, I wish the 'Yotes would do the same. I get a much bigger thrill beating Notre Dame, USC, Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Virginia, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Alabama, Montana, Southern University, Iowa, Iowa State, North Dakota State, Gonazga, Northern Illinois, Creighton, Missouri State, Illinois State, Drake, Butler, Rice, Western Kentucky, Boise State, Kansas State... just to name a few.

These are the universities that I want SDSU to be compared to, not USD.

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Scoreboard?

SDSU is more interested in setting team goal and university goals, not how we performed against the U in one event. I would rather see us lead the country in GPA, win conference titles, represent our conference in the NCAA tourney's, be ranked in Top 25. Just getting one of those goals accomplished in a year is more than satisfying for me. Fortunately we have met mulitple goals all in the same year.

We have not played USD in years and I'm OK with that. I have moved on, I wish the 'Yotes would do the same. I get a much bigger thrill beating Notre Dame, USC, Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Virginia, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Alabama, Montana, Southern University, Iowa, Iowa State, North Dakota State, Gonazga, Northern Illinois, Creighton, Missouri State, Illinois State, Drake, Butler, Rice, Western Kentucky, Boise State, Kansas State... just to name a few.

These are the universities that I want SDSU to be compared to, not USD.

Go State!!!
        Go Jacks!!!
        Yeah, luckily for them, atleast how they see it. If they beat us in one sport once. Its like they beat all those teams too so it doesnt matter to them. Unless its a home game at the dump, or the high school.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Do pools have scoreboards?
          Yeah. Out of all the pools I've swam at, Grand Forkes has the best scoreboard. That thing was nice.

And I'm glad to see that everyone took my post 100% serious, just like I meant it.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yeah. Out of all the pools I've swam at, Grand Forkes has the best scoreboard. That thing was nice.

And I'm glad to see that everyone took my post 100% serious, just like I meant it.
            Dang, ive been to the hper and dome pools and never noticed. I suppose to time races and such. Im not much for water activities so i was quick to get out of there. Unless that water activity involves sitting in a boat fishing and or drinking beer, or on a cruise ship.

In a smack section is there any other way to take a post besides being serious?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Dang, ive been to the hper and dome pools and never noticed. I suppose to time races and such. Im not much for water activities so i was quick to get out of there. Unless that water activity involves sitting in a boat fishing and or drinking beer, or on a cruise ship.

In a smack section is there any other way to take a post besides being serious?
              I don't remember one specifically in the HPER when I swam there, I think they had a portable one for meets. The Dome pool recently got a decent scoreboard but no where near the quality in Omaha or Grand Forkes.

And my "Scoreboard" post was a joke. Just because SDSU got out swam by USD doesn't mean much other than in swimming. Even as a former swimmer, I don't follow college swimming haha.

Comment

I don't remember one specifically in the HPER when I swam there, I think they had a portable one for meets. The Dome pool recently got a decent scoreboard but no where near the quality in Omaha or Grand Forkes.

And my "Scoreboard" post was a joke. Just because SDSU got out swam by USD doesn't mean much other than in swimming. Even as a former swimmer, I don't follow college swimming haha.
                Maybe that is why I never saw one. Its ok, I played a year of tennis at state and I dont follow tennis either.

Comment

I understand what you are saying RO and knew you were joking about the post. On the other hand, I might say "scoreboard" about the two prior meets this season.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    I understand what you are saying RO and knew you were joking about the post. On the other hand, I might say "scoreboard" about the two prior meets this season.
                    Those were on the road. Obviously they don't count.

Comment

Quote worth remembering:
                      "We're at the top of the pack in Divisioln II but we'd be at the bottom if we moved up."
                      - USD athletic director Dr. Kelly Higgins, Sept. 26, 2002
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Quote worth remembering:
                        "We're at the top of the pack in Divisioln II but we'd be at the bottom if we moved up."
                        - USD athletic director Dr. Kelly Higgins, Sept. 26, 2002

In my opinion USD was really nowhere near the top of the pack when they were in D2 at least when it comes to success in high profile sports. Womens basketball was downright embarrassing as was football for years. Mens basketball was very solid and good for several years but never close to winning a national title. The ignorance of that statement is probably the reason that Higgins was never much of a leader as far as getting the Yotes to impove the athletic department because he thought they were already at the top.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Just a quick update...if anybody cares. Of the two girls who had to get a B+ on their final for me to be humiliated by wearing a USD athletics shirt, one made it with an A-, the other missed a B+ by quite a bit. Tomorrow a few of my students will be sporting some brand new blue and yellow!!!! Since it is also my birthday the rest of the class thought it would be a good idea to join in the festivities. I'm not sure what they have in mind, but they've piqued my interest.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Just a quick update...if anybody cares. Of the two girls who had to get a B+ on their final for me to be humiliated by wearing a USD athletics shirt, one made it with an A-, the other missed a B+ by quite a bit. Tomorrow a few of my students will be sporting some brand new blue and yellow!!!! Since it is also my birthday the rest of the class thought it would be a good idea to join in the festivities. I'm not sure what they have in mind, but they've piqued my interest.
                            What did the class come up with?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              What did the class come up with?
                              A sea of blue and yellow. All but one kid had an SDSU shirt/sweatshirt in their closet. Kind of amazing really. I tried, to no avail, to teach them "Ring the Bells" in lieu of Happy Birthday. One girl encouraged me to try out for American Idol. She said they always put the really bad ones on the first few weeks!!!!! Oh well, back to reality.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X