Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POST defeats U

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
    RO, your going to lose this one so get out why you still have some ego...How did a full fledge mangy mutt end up going to school at SDSU...

CALL OUT TO ALL SDSU STUDENTS.

Mangy mutt seen on campus, does not have rabies yet, approach with caution (might have fleas), capture and take over to the secret ("Blue & Yellow) pond behind Vet. Science.

Dip this mutt in the pond for one hour, fluff dry and tie to chair for some serious reprograming.

P.S.
    Please keep the rest of us updated if more proffesional tecniques are needed.

I'm going to lose because of....that lame attempt at humor? Instead of actually arguing about the programs you go to that? If you're going to ignore everything I've actually said and make a joke, at least try and make it funny. Or even some-what clever.

P.S.
    Most students at SDSU (at least freshman and sophomores since thats who I'm mostly around) couldn't give a rat's ass about USD-SDSU. I've worn a USD shirt around campus and no one said one word to me about it. That wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      I'm going to lose because of....that lame attempt at humor? Instead of actually arguing about the programs you go to that? If you're going to ignore everything I've actually said and make a joke, at least try and make it funny. Or even some-what clever.

P.S.
      Most students at SDSU (at least freshman and sophomores since thats who I'm mostly around) couldn't give a rat's ass about USD-SDSU. I've worn a USD shirt around campus and no one said one word to me about it. That wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.
      You have a worn a USD shirt on campus...that is probably the most disturbing thing I have heard in a long time. What is this world coming to.

Comment

One question. Do you think the same would be the case if you walked on USD's campus and attended classes while wearing an SDSU t-shirt
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          One question. Do you think the same would be the case if you walked on USD's campus and attended classes while wearing an SDSU t-shirt
          Yep it is the exact same. I went back to D-Days with some people from Brookings and one girl wore an SDSU sweatshirt. On D-Days. The rivalry needs to get started again because there have been 2 or 3 classes that have come into both schools that don't know what the rivalry was like. That needs to change.

Comment

Yep it is the exact same. I went back to D-Days with some people from Brookings and one girl wore an SDSU sweatshirt. On D-Days. The rivalry needs to get started again because there have been 2 or 3 classes that have come into both schools that don't know what the rivalry was like. That needs to change.
            No, it doesn't.

Comment

I've worn a USD shirt around campus and no one said one word to me about it. That wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.
              No you are probably right, because I was in school then and if I would have seen you, I would have verbally assaulted you until you ran away crying. My brother is in school in Brookings now and if he sees you with a rag like that on expect that to occur.

(We are still smacking here right?)
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                No, it doesn't.
                Really? You don't want to see the best rivalry in the state start back up again? That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  No you are probably right, because I was in school then and if I would have seen you, I would have verbally assaulted you until you ran away crying. My brother is in school in Brookings now and if he sees you with a rag like that on expect that to occur.

(We are still smacking here right?)
                  I would expect nothing less

Comment

A lot of us alumni, who remember the rivalry well and screamed "Screw the U." loudly and frequently, don't give a rat's backside about that rivalry any more either! USD athletics fading into such obscurity that nobody notices or cares is not a bad thing. It's not really a new thing either.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      A lot of us alumni, who remember the rivalry well and screamed "Screw the U." loudly and frequently, don't give a rat's backside about that rivalry any more either! USD athletics fading into such obscurity that nobody notices or cares is not a bad thing. It's not really a new thing either.
                      For me, the rivalry at the end of the D-II days became a rather tedious thing to endure, not one to relish. Maybe I just grew out of the mindset that found all of the juvenile crap appealing, who knows? I just know I'm now just a bit happier for not having to put up with it any more. It was kind of like an annual check-up from your doctor. You had to do it, but there was really no pleasure or joy in it at all.

The State-U rivalry will be resumed at some point, I am sure. But I'm in no rush, personally.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Really? You don't want to see the best rivalry in the state start back up again? That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
                        As you are new to this board and I REALLY don't want this argument to start back up, I'm going to refer you to some old, very long threads on this topic. Please read here and get caught up on how we all feel about resuming the rivalry.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=5634

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4288

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6913

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          As you are new to this board and I REALLY don't want this argument to start back up, I'm going to refer you to some old, very long threads on this topic. Please read here and get caught up on how we all feel about resuming the rivalry.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=5634

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=4288

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6913
                          Whatever. Those games were some of the best games I ever went to. I loved going to Frost and getting tons of dirty looks just for wearing red. I loved going to the Dome and listening to SDSU fans b*tch about how ****ty of a place it is to watch basketball (it is). But whatever, maybe I'm in the minority but I want them to happen again.

Comment

Does anyone besides me think it's appropriate that a POST, an unmoving POLE IN THE GROUND, beat our beloved AVIS team?

Avis could be good for the Jackrabbits soul, especially in wrestling, baseball, softball, golf and tennis. But again, half of these do NOT exist in such a successful Title IX compliant USeD school.

I look forward to when Coyotes are ready to do what's needed to get back onto the SDSU schedule. But I have not seen/heard enough grovelling from USD. Probably will hit home when the two Dakota schools crown SUMMIT league titles in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Does anyone besides me think it's appropriate that a POST, an unmoving POLE IN THE GROUND, beat our beloved AVIS team?
                              I'm pretty sure an unmoving POLE IN THE GROUND could still take the starting PGs for SDSU off the dribble. Man, it is painful watching them play.

As for you guys not wanting to play USD in basketball, I wouldn't want to lose either. I don't blame you. If my team was so bad at basketball that they only beat some PEACOCKS by 4 points at home, I wouldn't want to play USD either. I understand you guys are afraid. It's okay.

Comment

Whatever. Those games were some of the best games I ever went to. I loved going to Frost and getting tons of dirty looks just for wearing red. I loved going to the Dome and listening to SDSU fans b*tch about how ****ty of a place it is to watch basketball (it is). But whatever, maybe I'm in the minority but I want them to happen again.
                                I believe we are devolving like the Bison/Sue here! At least we don't rehash this in EVERY thread like those guys do, where it ultimately devolves into a pissing match about who has the Nickel, why hockey sucks, the Englestad Arena, the "Fabulous" Fargo Dome (didn't look so fabulous for them last Saturday...heh), etc.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X