X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote_Fan
    replied
    Re: Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

For anyone saying I can't handle the truth or the smack I am actually an equal opportunity smacker. I smack USD practically as much as I smack SDSU. I do so to the point where several USD posters probably can't stand me anymore. If you want someone that can't take the truth I am not your guy. I have high expectations for USD and don't accept substandard. Most people that don't care about winning as much as I do have a problem with my New York Yankee like fan mentality. It is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    Easily. As someone who was at the game the other night, and who has followed USD basketball heavily, it would not be close at all.
    SHHH!!! We've been trying to keep this on the down-low. Please don't bring up the fact that they also beat us 3 out of the last 5 times we played them including the last 2.

Now, lets also not forget that as much disappointment as we had in the North Central Regional and DII Elite 8 under Coach Nagy, USD and Bootsy choked as bad as any program in the nation. Lasty year some publications had USD as the #1 preseason team in the nation, hardly!!!

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Agreed. USD would soundly defeat our Men right now.
    Easily. As someone who was at the game the other night, and who has followed USD basketball heavily, it would not be close at all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    Most of usd's volleyball team were not able to garner playing time at sdsu. usd would be in the bottom third of the Summit League.
    Don't forget they didn't like the rules much either.

** Counting down to angry facebook messages from the 3 girls in 5....4.....3....2....1**

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    Most of usd's volleyball team were not able to garner playing time at sdsu. usd would be in the bottom third of the Summit League.
    Quoted for Truth.

Leave a comment:

• 1bunnies
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    They are increasing but at a much slower rate than for the men. SDSU had to raise their men's and women's scholarships at the same rate. It will take USD's women (about) 3 years to catch up. That was something the BOR said SDSU couldn't do.

SDSU's men's team can't play the young card anymore.

I can't say injuries are why they lost that game, they should have won. When they play the real games, they better be healthier/better than that. SDSU is already missing 2 or 3 starters. That's not good before the season starts. Hopefully they get some players before their next game in 1 1/2 weeks. They played as many walk-ons as starters. That better not be how they play or it will be another long season. SDSU really needs somebody with size to come back. They just got pushed around by a DII team.

This would be the year for USD to play SDSU. After this year, USD will lose the majority of their team. It will be the same way in volleyball. Their women's basketball team lost all their players last year. It's just a good thing they play a lot of NAIA and DII teams this year.

This year is a down year for SDSU's volleyball team. They still are in the middle of the conference standings. We'll see how their soccer team plays next year. Other than men's basketball and maybe soccer, SDSU's teams are doing great in transition. I'll wait to see if USD has anywhere that much success. (Granted men's basketball could be the most important sport).

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by Drake View Post
    Hmm ... according to the women's track coaches and the women's basketball coaches, scholarships for these sports are increasing.
    Sounds just like a USD fan. Too arrogant to recognize the facts. The BOR made allowances for SDSU as well, we have all recognized that. However, they did not make allowances with Title IX, nor did we ask them to. Shirking Title IX requirments can lead to more trouble than you can imagine. I hope the admin at USD studied that move before making it. It could get ugly if they didn't.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Hmm ... according to the women's track coaches and the women's basketball coaches, scholarships for these sports are increasing.
    They are increasing but at a much slower rate than for the men. SDSU had to raise their men's and women's scholarships at the same rate. It will take USD's women (about) 3 years to catch up. That was something the BOR said SDSU couldn't do.

SDSU's men's team can't play the young card anymore.

I can't say injuries are why they lost that game, they should have won. When they play the real games, they better be healthier/better than that. SDSU is already missing 2 or 3 starters. That's not good before the season starts. Hopefully they get some players before their next game in 1 1/2 weeks. They played as many walk-ons as starters. That better not be how they play or it will be another long season. SDSU really needs somebody with size to come back. They just got pushed around by a DII team.

This would be the year for USD to play SDSU. After this year, USD will lose the majority of their team. It will be the same way in volleyball. Their women's basketball team lost all their players last year. It's just a good thing they play a lot of NAIA and DII teams this year.

This year is a down year for SDSU's volleyball team. They still are in the middle of the conference standings. We'll see how their soccer team plays next year. Other than men's basketball and maybe soccer, SDSU's teams are doing great in transition. I'll wait to see if USD has anywhere that much success. (Granted men's basketball could be the most important sport).

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

I have heard from a couple that they are increasing but not at a rate that is compliant with Title IX. Sure it gets football up to speed but until they are Title IX compliant my guess is that USD's chance of gaining conference affiliation is just below zero.

That appears to be another one of the choices that the Administration has made at USD that could have some dire consequences down the road.

There isn't a day that goes by where I am not thankful for the Administration that we have/had at SDSU.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Drake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Apparently, the Board of Regents gave (possibly silent) acquiesence to letting USD ignore compliance with Title IX so they could jump to 63 men's scholarships (football) and not increase women's scholarships proportionately at the same time. No such leeway was allowed SDSU in its move to D-I. In other words USD women's athletic program got sc...well you got it.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
    I wonder if the female athletes that are not getting their scholarship money so the football team can play BCS teams are satisfied. I know if I had a daughter I would not let her play at a place that disrespects the BOR rules for transition.
    What happened? I haven't heard about this.

Leave a comment:

• Pierre_Jacks_Fan
    replied

I wonder if the female athletes that are not getting their scholarship money so the football team can play BCS teams are satisfied. I know if I had a daughter I would not let her play at a place that disrespects the BOR rules for transition.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    It's like I said, Puppy-Chow Fan... try WINNING a game against a D-I opponent before coming on here and talking smack. Of course you'll just dock my rep points like last time, but then, it just shows you can't handle the truth.
    Um...we just lost to a D2 team, an average D2 team. Exhibition game or not, it doesn't really matter.

They don't really need to beat a D1 team in MBB to talk smack to us right now, we deserve the smack after last nights performance.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabit1
    replied

It's like I said, Puppy-Chow Fan... try WINNING a game against a D-I opponent before coming on here and talking smack. Of course you'll just dock my rep points like last time, but then, it just shows you can't handle the truth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X